Chapter 11

Once the show was over, everybody ran out of the theater, Goofy trailing right behind them while fumbling with his camcorder. Once he had it on, he starts recording, and he gets a shot of the souvenir stand.

"Hey, that's the ticket!" He exclaims, and turns around, noticing Max and Nicole finally walking out of the theater with glum looks on their faces. "I'll be right back, my little possum pals!" Once he was at the stand, Max let out an annoyed groan.

"My life's a living h-" before he could finish his sentence, Nicole covered his mouth with her hand and looked at him with a glare.

"There are kids here man- EW!" She jerked her arm away from him when she felt his tongue slide across the palm of her hand. She immediately wiped her hand across his shirt, and looked up at his face, to see that his mouth had formed into a smirk.

That smirk quickly went away, though, at the sound of a voice that sounded so cheerful to the point that it sounded fake.

"Hel-lo little buddies!" Taking a glance behind them, both teenagers saw someone in a big Lester costume walking up to them. Nicole's eyes widened in alarm.

No why?! I hate these things! She knows there's a person in that costume, but even then, she still finds it-or any costume for that matter- really creepy.

Not wanting to be bothered, Max begins to walk the other way, grabbing Nicole by the waist and pulling her along with him. The guy in the costume got in front of them though. "Who's your favorite possum?"

"Don't touch me." If Max could glare any harder, he would.

"Aw, why such a long face? You're so sad!" Lester brings his hands up to his face, feigning sadness, and pretends to cry. Then he looks back towards the two. "I know! You need a big hug from Lester!"

"No thank you."Nicole immediately said, at the same time Max gave his own response.

"Don't even think about i-" Max was interrupted by Lester picking them both up in his arms, practically squeezing the life out of them.

"See? Now you feel all good inside!" Once Lester put them down, Max raised his hand and slapped his face, which made his false head turn backwards. Nicole raised her hands to her mouth to muffle her laugh.

"Beat it, doofus!" Max yells, and they both watch as Lester stumbles the other way, trying his best not to bump into anything. A lot of kids come his way and knock him down, and drag him off.

"Hm, good kids." Nicole said once her laughs subsided. Max let out a chuckle of his own, but his face turned to one of horror once he saw his dad coming towards them wearing a hat that was in the shape of a road-killed possum, he was also carrying two hats that looked exactly the same.

"Oh, no! No, Dad! Not that, not that! Please!" Despite his protests, Goofy still put the hats on the teenagers, and stepped back with a smile on his face.

"Here you go, kids! Let's say we get our picture taken!" He pointed at the picture stand, where the little girl from earlier- the one they saw when they arrived at the park- was standing in between two possums hanging from a fake tree, and she was still crying her eyes out. Max and Nicole looked at Goofy in disbelief.

"You have got to be kidding."

"Oh, all right, but you're missing out!" Goofy ran to the stand without a second thought. The two glanced at each other and once they looked back their jaws dropped in shock.

There was Goofy hanging upside-down from the same fake tree the possums were on, waiting for his picture to be taken. The people surrounding the stand were all laughing in amusement.