Prologue

It was 6:00 p.m. in Spoonerville. Usually at this time, people would be in the house doing homework, making and/or eating dinner, playing video games, or maybe even sleeping. Eight year old Maximilian- he thinks his name is too long, so he just shortened it to Max- would've gladly done any of these things if he could. Homework was just simple math, so that was finished in just 10 minutes; his father, Goofy, just started making dinner, and with how clumsy he could be, Max knew it would probably take a while before he could eat; every video game he ever owned he's beat about a thousand times, so those were a definite no; and he just couldn't get to sleep no matter how hard he tried to.

In short: There was absolutely nothing for him to do and he was starting to get bored.

"What to do, what to do." He kept muttering to himself while lying down on his bed.

After an hour of doing nothing but staring up at the ceiling, he slowly started to sit up and looked around his room, in search of something to keep him busy. He had an unfinished 1,000 pieced puzzle on his desk, an old skateboard (he wanted to talk to his dad about getting a new one), a basketball, a few books scattered onto the floor, and a stack of playing cards were sitting on his bedside table. With a sigh, he got up and chose the basketball.

"I guess I can get some dribbling practice in." He said to himself while walking out his room, and headed into the direction of the backdoor, which was located in the kitchen. Just as he was about to go the door, he stopped and turned back around to face his dad, who was struggling to carry a pot full of cool water to the stove.

"Hey Dad, I'm going outside!"

"Okay Maxie, just make sure to be back inside for dinner-WOAH!!" Goofy exclaims before slipping on a water puddle, causing some of the water from the pot to end up on the floor, while the rest of it drenched his head. Max winced.

"I just hope dinner is still edible when I get back." With a shake of his head he was out the door and in the backyard.

An hour and a half later, he was still outside playing basketball. It was starting to get a bit dark outside, and he would've been back in the house 20 minutes ago but he just couldn't. Get. This. STUPID BALL. INTO. THE HOOP!

"Come on! You can do this, Max!" He told himself for the hundredth time. He took a deep breath in, and breathed out.

He shoots!

The ball went flying towards the hoop.

Yes.

The ball landed right on the rim of the hoop, and went around the edge once. Twice. Three times.

Yes!

And then the ball started to fall...

YE- wait!

....towards the ground, missing the hoop. Again

"NO! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?" Max yelled out. Exasperated, he stomped towards the ball, picked it up, and looked at it with a glare that made it seem like he was trying to burst it open with only his eyes.

"Ugh, stupid ball." He muttered. With the ball still in his hands, he raised up his arms as far as they could go, and then slammed the basketball down to the ground. The ball bounced once, and then started to go over the fence that was right next to his house. Realizing what he just did, his eyes widened in shock.

Aw man, I'm in so much trouble!

But he calmed down a bit, considering that fact that the house next to his has been empty since before he was even born. So as long as no one got hurt-