Chapter 25

Sometime later in the day, Nicole received a call from her brother, asking her when she was coming back from Max's dorm since it was starting to get a bit late. She didn't really feel like leaving, but she also didn't want her brother to start worrying. So she eventually left, with Max right by her side to make sure she got to her destination safely.

"You know, you really didn't have to walk me back." She told him for possibly the thousandth time.

"I wanted to though." Max responds. "Who's gonna kick a random stranger's ass for you if he tries to hurt you?"

She raises an eyebrow. "You do know I can hold my own right?"

"Oh, trust me I know. Remember that one time we were play fighting as kids, and you got a little carried away?" Max rubs the left side of his face. "I had to go to school with a fucked up face thanks to you, Lil'Lady."

"Hm, sorry." She apologizes with a snort, and pokes his chest. "But fine, if you need to gain your masculinity back, I'll let you fight off any creep that comes our way."

"Oh, I feel so honored!" He mocks, a big smile coming onto his face. His smile faltered a bit when he noticed that they reached the door of her brother's frat house. "Hey, can I come inside and talk with you for a bit?"

She playfully scoffs. "Like you even need to ask." She opens the door, and leads the way in, Max closing the door once he passes the threshold.

"You finally back, Princess." A deep voice asks, and they turn their heads to see Tank blocking the way to the stairs, a sly smirk on his face. "Hey Bradley, come look at who your sister brought back, a stray."

"Nicole, I told you about bringing random people he-" Bradley's voice sounded from the doorway to the kitchen, and he stopped in his tracks at the sight of Max. "Nicole, what is he doing here?"

"He just wants to hang out with me some more." Nicole says, going around Tank to head for the stairs. "I hope that isn't a problem."

"Actually it-" He begins, but stops himself at the hard glare his sister, and Max, were sending, and begrudgingly lets it go. "Fine. But the Gammas are having a meeting in the pool room, and I don't want to hear any weird sounds coming from up these stairs. You understand?"

"Yeah, whatever, Brad." With bright red cheeks, Nicole quickly leads Max up the stairs to her room.

"Keep the door open!"

"Shut up, Brad!" She yells. When they both enter her room, just to spite her brother, she slams the door shut. She sighs and runs a hand through her head. "I really am sorry about him, Maxie."

"Oh, i-it's fine."Max stutters, his face a deep crimson.

It is definitely not fine!

"So, what do you need, Maxie?" She asks, flopping down onto her bed, and she pats the spot beside her.

His eyes glance back and forth between the spot and her. "You're seriously letting me sit beside you, on your bed, not even 5 seconds after your brother implies that we're probably gonna have sex?"

"Max, please don't make this any weirder than he already has."

"I don't think it can get any weirder than it already is, but okay." He takes a seat on the bed, and rubs the back of his neck. "Well, you know about the X-Games right?"

"You've forgotten who I'm related to, haven't you?"

"Right, right, yeah. X-Games king. I'm an idiot-don't you dare agree with me." He playfully scolds at the sight of her teasing grin. "Remember when you made that Powerline costume for me?" She nods. "If you don't mind, could you make uniforms for me and the guys before the X-Games start?"