Chapter 35: Wakeboarding, video taping, and cute messages

Max's P.O.V

•••

The thought of Ashlynn leaving-three more days-washes over me as I wakeboarded against the boat waves. She's at the concert today so I'm free for a while. I went into deep thought before I knew it I was under the water. I soon pop up to the surface of the water. A wave comes and hits me across the face. The taste of salt water burns in my mouth. I start to cough but regaining my breath soon after.

"Hey man." I spun myself around to find a boat. "You alright?" It was Sebastian who is speaking.

I nod. "What time is it?"

Sebastian looks at his watch. "7:30. Here." He gives me his hand. I take it. Lifting me up onto the boat he asks, "You wanna go again?"

I shake my head, starting to get cold. "Nah. I think I'm done for today." My teeth started to chatter. I take off my life jacket and grab a towel.

"Okay. " he pats me on the back. "My turn." He says with a smirk.

•••

I watched the pro wakeboarder-Sebastian-do flips on the boat waves.

"Woo!" He screams. I roll my eyes. He's probably trying to show off to the girls on the beach.

"I hope he wipes out," I mumble.

Someone laughs. "Yep. let's Hope so. Let's catch this tape. Just in case." And He pulls out his phone.

"Nice one James."

Around 5 minutes of recording. He finally falls off.

"Yes!" We both say high-fiving each other.

"Look what we caught on tape," James says holding up his phone. We both laugh.

We played the video.

"Delete that." He says trying to dry his dark hair.

"No."

"Do it now."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Don't sass me."

"I wasn't passing you. I was simply telling you what not to do."

Sebastian rolls his eyes. "Whatever. Just don't post that on anything."

"That's actually a good idea." I laugh. And take the phone away from James.

"Don't. You. Fucking. Dare." He points at me.

"Send."

"I hate you."

"Haha just joking. I'm not THAT mean." I laugh.

•••

Ashlynn's P.O.V

•••

Soon, the concert was over. Great.

We head home. It was around 10. I texted Max.

A=Hey

M= Aww. The concerts over?

A= yeah

M= Okay. Well... did you have fun?

A=Yeah it was awesome.

M= Good. Good. Now. You should get to sleep. Okay?

A= Okay.

M= Okay.

A= Okay.

M= now-now let's not start the 'maybe Okay will be our always' thing.

A= haha Okay. Goodnight Max.