Chapter Nineteen

* TRIGGER WARNING - miscarriage * 

Waking up with a jolt, Happy didn't know where he was at first. It was rare for him to fall asleep sitting up, which ultimately gave him a terrible knot in his neck.

Not taking long at all to look around and realize that he was where he was, because Colbie had fallen asleep in his bed the previous night and he hadn't bothered to move her.

Looking at the clock on the wall, Happy saw that they had slept until almost noon without being bothered. He also knew that he had to wake up the sleeping female so that she could eat something and stay healthy for the baby that she was carrying.

Trying not to startle the woman, Happy crept towards his bed quietly so he could wake her gently. Although, he took one look at her face and knew that something was wrong. Her skin was paler than it normally was and when he touched his hand to her cheek, her skin was clammy and not as warm as it should have been.

Ripping the blankets away from the female's body, Happy saw an excessive amount of blood pooled on his bed, which had now transferred to his hand because of the blanket he had just moved.

"Colbie!" Happy shouted at the female, hoping for any sort of response from her.

When he got nothing, the male was quick to act. He grabbed for his phone and dialed 9-1-1, explaining the situation and gave up his location and promised to kill the EMTs if they didn't arrive in a sufficient amount of time to save the female.

After hanging up, Happy opened his door and quickly called out. "JUICE! JAX! GEMMA! ANYBODY!" he screamed out, before turning to the female.

Picking up her seemingly lifeless body, Happy wanted nothing more than to be able to fix her himself. He also found himself wishing that she didn't lose the baby like he thought she already had, because she had already been through enough with losing Austin. This was something that she wasn't going to ever get over, no matter how hard she tried to come to terms with it.

"What's going on, baby?" Gemma questioned the male, before entering the room and seeing Colbie.

"I think she lost the baby," Happy spoke frantically.

"Call an ambulance," Gemma replied quickly, rushing over to Colbie.

"They're already on their way," he answered, just as Juice walked into the room.

"What the fuck did you do to her!" he shouted, rushing over to the bed next to Gemma.

"I woke up and she was like this," Happy told them.

"We have to get her outside for the ambulance," Gemma said, taking control of the situation. "Boys, pick her up gently and let's get her outside so they can get her in the ambulance immediately."

Working together, Happy and Juice managed to bring Colbie's lifeless body through the clubhouse, catching the attention of everyone inside.

"What's going on?" Chibs questioned, hurrying to catch up with them.

"She's losing the baby," Gemma explained sadly.

"Poor lass," Chibs voiced quietly, continuing to follow the group.

Just as the guys had made it outside, the ambulance was pulling onto the lot, catching the attention of everyone in the garage.

Walking out, Clay looked pissed that the ambulance was disrupting business, but the moment that he saw Colbie, his entire demeanor changed.

It didn't take long for the EMTs to get Colbie safely onto a stretcher and in the ambulance.

"Gemma, you should go with her," Happy muttered to the female quietly.

"No, baby. You need to," Gemma replied. "She's going to want to see you when she wakes up. You're the one that she was talking to last night. She opened up to you and that's not something that she does with anyone. She told you stuff that she hasn't even told Juice," Gemma spoke. "Go."

Pushing Happy towards the ambulance, one of the EMTs turned and spoke. "I can't let anyone but immediately family in."

"He's her husband," Gemma spoke up quickly.

"Sorry, sir," the EMT spoke, stepping out of the way to let Happy onto the ambulance.

xx

Sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, where Happy was forcibly told to stay until a doctor came to retrieve him, he was soon joined by everyone in the club.

Hours later, a doctor came into the room and looked around. "Colbie Knowles family?" he asked, causing Happy to jump out of his seat almost as quickly as Gemma and Clay. "We're her parents and this is her husband and all of her friends," the woman spoke before anyone could answer.

"I'm sorry, but we couldn't save the baby," the doctor spoke, causing Gemma to start crying.

"Colbie?" Happy questioned in an irritated tone.

"There was a significant amount of blood lost. She was hemorrhaging after the miscarriage," the doctor began. "But, it was caught in just enough time. She's going to be weak for awhile, but she'll pull through," the doctor offered. "I'm sorry for your loss, but if you'd like to see your wife, we just put her into recovery. It may be awhile before she wakes up though. Between the blood loss and the anesthesia, she'll be out for a bit."

"Go, baby," Gemma spoke. "Tell Colbie that we all love her and we're all here waiting for when she's ready for company."

Following the doctor, Happy was lead to a dimly lit room where Colbie was the only patient. "She's in here," the doctor spoke. "I'll leave you alone so you can be with your wife."

Entering the room, Happy saw how small Colbie looked on such a large bed. She looked so frail and definitely not herself with all of the tubes and needles attached to her.

Bringing a chair from the corner of the room to Colbie's bedside, Happy put his hand on hers and just waited for any sort of sign that she was actually going to pull through. He wasn't a fan of hospitals, especially with everything that was going on with his mother, but he knew that someone being there for them was important and he wasn't planning on going anywhere any time soon.