Chapter Fourteen

Getting herself out of bed once Gemma had left the room, Colbie knew that if she was going to be helping clean a house, she wanted to be in something comfortable

Getting herself out of bed once Gemma had left the room, Colbie knew that if she was going to be helping clean a house, she wanted to be in something comfortable. Leggings and a tee shirt of Austin's was going to do justice for her this time.

It didn't take long for Colbie to get dressed at all, but she knew that she had to wait until Austin returned to be able to go to the house with to help Gemma. Although, as soon as she was dressed, Colbie decided that she would wait for Austin to return in the lounge area of the clubhouse, which was more than likely where she was going to find Gemma waiting impatiently.

Finding no one in the lounge area, except for Happy, Colbie almost immediately began to regret her decision to wait out here. Looking away from Happy, not bothering to say anything to him, the dark-haired female went behind the bar to grab herself a glass to fill with a little bit of Sprite.

"Can't even say hello?" Happy muttered in her direction as he sat comfortably on the couch.

"To you? No," Colbie spoke, not even bothering to look towards the male. She wasn't going to give in to his shit that night, as she just wasn't in the right mindset to keep going back and forth with him. She was a mix between being upset and worried about Abel pulling through and nervous about her own child coming ten weeks early. It was beginning to take its toll on the young woman and she hadn't even been sitting with those feeling for twelve hours yet.

"Don't understand how people think that you're a nice person," Happy mumbled.

"Don't understand how people think that you're a scary person," Colbie retorted.

"You've got a sassy mouth tonight," Happy spoke.

"And you have a blabbermouth tonight," Colbie said, finally making eye contact with the bald male.

"I don't understand you," Happy replied.

"I don't want you to," Colbie spoke, looking towards the door when she heard the front door of the clubhouse open.

Seeing Austin walk through the door, Colbie felt a wave of relief wash over her. She wasn't in the mood to go back and forth with Happy, but she also knew that she wasn't going to let him get away with talking to her like she was a croweater or a porn slut.

"I've got the baby's requests," Austin spoke. "But what are you doing out here? I thought we were going to watch a movie and relax?" he questioned.

"We were going to, but Gemma asked if I could help clean up Jax's old house that Wendy was living in. She wants it cleaned up for when Abel comes home eventually. Apparently, it's a disaster," Colbie spoke.

"I'll drive you," Austin spoke. "Where are your keys?"

"You don't have to do that, Austin," Colbie spoke. "I can ride with Gemma."

"Gemma already left," Happy spoke, trying to make it seem as if he hadn't been listening to the couple standing by the bar.

"So, I'll drive you," Austin said to his girlfriend, walking away towards their room.

"You gonna let him tell you how things are going to be?" Happy questioned the female when Austin was no longer in hearing range.

"Shut up," Colbie said, rolling her eyes in the male's direction. "You wouldn't even know the first thing about being a decent boyfriend, so you shouldn't make any snide remarks about someone who does."

When Austin came back into the room, it didn't take long to realize the tension between the two already there. "Come on, Coco," he spoke, putting his hand on her lower back and leading her towards the door.

The car ride to Jax's house was a silent one, Austin occasionally looking over at his girlfriend to make sure that she was alright. It wasn't until they pulled into the driveway that the silence was broken.

"Do you want me to wait around for you? Or do you want to call me later to pick you up?" Austin questioned.

"Um, I don't know how long that I'm going to be here, but if anything, I'm sure that Gemma could drop me off at the clubhouse. You can just relax for the night and I'll be home at some point," Colbie replied.

"I really don't mind coming to get you if you decide to call me later," Austin spoke. "If you need me, just call, okay?"

"Okay," Colbie replied with a bright smile as she leaned over to kiss her boyfriend goodbye.

It didn't take long before Colbie was letting herself into the house and see Gemma already on a cleaning spree.

Closing the door behind her, Colbie watched the older woman look up at her. "Can you take the bedroom?" she questioned. "There's garbage bags on the kitchen table, you're probably going to need a bunch of them. There's burn holes in just about everything, so just throw it all away. Please, just be careful, Colbie. There's needles laying around and I don't want you or that baby in any danger."

xx

A few hours later, while still cleaning up the master bedroom, Colbie heard the front door open and then shut rather quickly. It didn't take long for her to figure out that it had been Jax that came in, especially when he and his mother got into a bit of a yelling match.

Not wanting to be in the middle of their argument, Colbie called Austin for him to come and get her. While she waited, even if it was only going to be less than ten minutes, the young woman chose to finish up with the bedroom. When Austin texted her that he had pulled into the driveway, Colbie replied that she would be out momentarily.

Bringing the filled garbage bags to the hallway, Colbie lined them up neatly so that no one would trip over them. Making her way towards the living room, Colbie said hello to Jax before letting him and Gemma both know that she was heading back to the clubhouse and that the master bedroom was perfectly cleaned up.

Gemma and Jax both thanked her before Colbie made her way outside to the car.

"Hey," Colbie said, getting into the car and leaning over to kiss Austin in greeting.

"Hi," he replied quickly. "How was it?"

"It was," Colbie started, taking a moment to find the right word to use. "Overwhelming," she finally decided on. "I didn't think that Wendy had fallen back into her old habits this badly. I feel terrible for not being there for her like I should have been."

"Coco, you can't blame yourself. She could have reached out to you too," Austin reassured. "If she was feeling those urges, she could have reached out to you for help, or Jax, or Gemma, or anyone. This isn't on you, babe," Austin told her. "But, let's get you home and back into bed."

"I love you," Colbie said, taking Austin's hand in her own.

Slightly thrown off, it took Austin a moment to process what his girlfriend had just spoken to him.

"I love you too, Coco," he replied.