7

The next day I woke up fairly late, the excitement of sectionals and my date had led me to be a lot more exhausted than I had first thought when I got in.

I then began to panic as I saw a lot of missed calls from the girls in my group, and the group chat had blown up. I quickly began to scroll through the massive amounts of texts and felt my heart stop as I read what they were all about: Someone had caught me and Blaine and posted photos online.

Opening my laptop I opened up some of the gossip sites and on almost all of them there were several photos of Blaine and I over the past week, me and him at the Lima Bean, at sectionals, at Breadstix, us just walking around. Oh God, the press was having a field day, everyone was speculating over my identity, luckily each photo seemed to obscure it whether it be by me wearing sunglasses or something blocking my face or me being turned away, but you could clearly see it was Blaine, and that he was on a date with someone.

Frantically I called him, ignoring the rest of the texts from the group that were still pouring in from my friends.

"Hey beautiful," Blaine said as he picked up, being his usual confident and flirty self, oblivious to what had happened.

"Blaine ... photos... Us" I was stuttering, tears in my eyes as I panicked, he was going to hate me and dump me because of this, I just knew it.

"Whoa Kurt, slow down, photos? Of us? What do you mean."

I still stuttered as I spoke but managed to get across the fact that there were photos online of the pair of us, and he fell silent as he obviously searched them up.

"Oh... Kurt, I'm so sorry, I should have been more careful, when I'm with you I just don't think about anything else and I forgot to look out for the paps. I understand if you hate me, but please I'm so sorry, I will not let it happen again." This heartfelt apology stopped me in my tracks, why did he think it was his fault?

"But Blaine, you were only here for me, you're famous and I should have remembered that and ensured you would be safe in all this, of course, I don't hate you. As long as you are okay with this it's fine, you can't even tell it's me, I was only worried for you"

"Thank God, and don't worry I can get my manager on this, she can clear the air, what do you want her to say, that I am dating you or that we're just friends."

"Entirely up to you, I love you but I don't know if I'm ready for the world to know who I am yet, so could you keep my name and information private?"

"Of course, of course, I love you too. What does it say about us anyway?"

We then read the over the top and ridiculous article and talked a lot more, including our future which lead to a serious and frank discussion over what this could mean for us, and by the end of it we were decided that he could say he was dating someone but not who, and that we would wait a while to come out as a couple.

By the time he hung up it was actually time for him to come over for dinner, so I rushed to get ready before he arrived. As I was putting the finishing touches to my hair I heard the doorbell ring and I ran down the stairs quickly before Finn or my Dad answered it.

"Hi" I said breathlessly, he looked stunning in tight black pants with a red button up and black and white bow tie.

"Hi" he replied with a smile and he pulled me into a tight hug before pulling away and allowing me to lead him into the dining room where Burt and Carol were finishing setting out the food.

"Dad, Carol, this is Blaine. My boyfriend." I introduced him as they looked up.

Carol immediately came over and hugged him, a smile on her face "It's so good to meet the young man that makes Kurt here so happy! Come sit, I'll go fetch Finn." She patted me on the shoulder and left the room as my Dad came over.