9

I woke up alone again for some reason, I thought his interview was Wednesday afternoon? Getting up I saw a note, Blaine sure did like his notes even though it would have been easier to text me or wake me up and tell me.

"Hey, emergency meeting with my manager, apparently there are several things they have to go over with me for several reasons, I'll be back around 3? Sorry, I love you, feel free to do whatever, I'll see you when I get home."

I sighed and got up, a whole day without Blaine would feel weird after being together so much but I decided I was going to try and enjoy it but as soon as I entered the kitchen I realised I had no clue what I wanted to do, I didn't know my way around the city, but I didn't want to just sit around the apartment doing nothing all day, so I decided to eat and then head out and wander around for a bit.

I quickly bundled up as it was freezing outside, I was honestly surprised we hadn't had any snow yet this year. Stepping out I tried to think of a destination but couldn't think of one, so just set off down the street, taking in New York. The buildings were so much taller than anywhere in Ohio and it was always so loud with people and traffic but even in the few days I'd been here the noise and the hustle and bustle of the streets had become comforting, as if this was what everywhere was meant to be like. I couldn't wait to come here next year if I got into NYADA, if I didn't I didn't know what I would do. As I walked I was bumped and moved by people hurrying, I was obviously not up to the pace of the city yet, but I didn't mind so I just kept moving, peering in shop windows and people watching as I went.

Several hours later I ended up on my way back to the apartment, and passed the chinese restaurant, outside of which MiMi was sweeping the sidewalk. "Kurt! How are you? How is your Blaine?" she grinned, immediately pulling me into a hug.

"Hi MiMi, I can't believe you remember me, and we're both good, Blaine's meeting with his team today so I've been on my own today, how are you?" I said as I stepped back slightly

"I'm great, do you want to come in for a bit? Belle would love to see you, it's empty at this time."

"Sure, Blaine shouldn't be back for a couple of hours." I said as she ushered me towards the door, leaving her brush propped against the wall.

We entered the shop together and I saw Belle look up from where she was behind the counter doing some form of paperwork, and she smiled as she saw me.

"Kurt! What are you doing here?" She also grabbed me in a hug.

"MiMi invited me in, but if you need to work I can go." I gestured quickly to the door, a blush creeping up my cheeks.

"Nonsense, we've been wanting to get to know you better but Blaine is so protective of you he told us we couldn't pester you, of course he's not here now so tell us everything, I'll make a pot of tea and I've just finished making a batch of Nian Gao." She busied herself with getting the food and drinks before ushering me to sit with the two of them.

"So tell us about yourself, Blaine was too busy fantasizing about your eyes and your voice to tell us too much." The blush remained on my cheeks as they poured me a cup of tea.

"Well I'm a senior in high school, I'm part of the glee club, I love music and fashion, and cooking. I want to be on broadway when I'm older or maybe designing for vogue... I don't know what else there is to say about me. What about you? You mean so much to Blaine it would be nice to get to know you better." I answered, shrugging, I was always awkward when asked to tell people about myself, I never know what they want to know.

"Well we both moved to New York in our twenties in the hopes of better job prospects, and ended up working as waitresses at the same restaurant." MiMi began