15

You could say the next few weeks weren't the best for me. Which would be the understatement of the century. I missed Blaine so much and that scared me as I was still feeling so insecure in our relationship, which made me more insecure about myself. Regional rehearsals were going well but we were putting so much effort in that everyone was exhausted. The photos from the airport had ended up online as well, luckily due to the sunglasses and scarf I had been wearing you couldn't tell it was me, but I was terrified of Blaine being annoyed so I never brought it up to him and assumed he hadn't seen them. But worst of all were the jocks, the bullying had come back full force, but they were now being sneaky about it, always ensuring the hallways were empty before shoving and kicking me, whispered threats as they passed me or supposed accidents when the hall was crowded. It was all getting to be too much and I could feel myself withdrawing, but no one noticed as everyone was so busy with themselves, what with regionals prep and university applications as well as their own personal problems.

And that's how the time passed until the date of regionals arrived, we were all shoved on a bus and carted off to some school that I didn't bother to learn the name of due to my nerves. I was silent the whole way and no one seemed to notice as everyone was in their own heads as well, going over the lyrics and choreography to make sure it would be perfect.

We rehearsed a few times then went backstage to get changed, as I was tying my bowtie I felt someone come up behind me and turned to see Santana and Brittney, Santana's eyes were filled with concern and Brittney was just smiling up at Santana adoringly.

"Hummel. We need to chat, now we can either do it here in front of everyone or we can step outside for a minute... it's up to you." Santana's words were harsh but I could tell that there was worry behind them so we headed outside where she quickly pulled me into her chest before pulling away and placing her hands on my shoulders. "Now Hummel, I know you're nervous and all but that's no excuse for how you've been acting so what's up?"

I tried to stammer out some sort of excuse before finally settling with "I am nervous, of course I am, if we win this we go to nationals, and if we get to nationals my chances of getting into NYADA triple. So yeah..."

"So this has nothing to do with Blaine and the fact that you fly out for the Grammys tomorrow?"

I sighed, running a hand through my hair and tapping my foot in thought, "A little I guess. I mean what if he changes his mind about me... or it was all a big joke and this is his way of ending it... I love him so much but what if he doesn't feel the same or I mess up and he hates me for it-"

Santana shook me a few times before speaking "Kurt Hummel you are an idiot. Firstly that boy loves you to the moon and back he literally wrote a song for you. Secondly if he does hurt you, you have all of us on your side and we would gladly beat him up no matter if he is a celebrity... I'm from Lima Heights Adgacent I can fuck him up. Ok?" She said harshly

"OK" I murmured, nodding my head a few times as her words sank in more... I was still terrified but at least slightly less so, which was a good thing as just then a stagehand came to get us ready to go on stage.

We all huddled on stage with the lights off before Rachel stepped forward and began to sing her solo with us backing up, not doing much choreography and allowing the music to speak for itself. As I sang I looked out into the audience and was shocked to see the Dalton boys sitting grouped together grinning, Nick and Jeff waving at me once they saw I had noticed, that eased my nerves slightly and the rest of the performance went off without a hitch, including my duet with Mercedes.

When we were announced as the winners I nearly started crying I was so happy, as did a few of the others. When I went off stage and back to the dressing room to collect my stuff before we headed home I was greeted by the Dalton boys who pulled me into a huge group hug.