WORE DEATH LIKE A PERFUME

Start from the beginning

Ravenna carefully lifted up her head to see him still asleep. She smiled softly and brought her fingers up to his jet black hair that had been displaced, but still looked so good on him. Raking her fingers through his hair, she made sure to guard him from any nightmares that would disturb his sleep.

As the clock continued to tick away, she felt herself drown away in her own unconscious with the mob boss resting in her arms. Ravenna knew even when she knew the fact he had murdered multiple people, she would have gone around saying that no one is perfect. People say a certain someone makes them feel butterflies, but he was different. He made her feel the fluttering fireflies.

♢ ♢ ♢

The morning sun finally managed to peek out, falling on Ravenna. She instantly got up to shut the curtains to make sure Rafael didn't wake up, but immediately halted as she saw the other side of her bed empty and cold.

She forgot that she had hoped he was a permanent resident in her heart when he had already told her he was temporary. The feeling of his fingers still remained tact on her skin. The feeling of stars dancing across her skin.

Ravenna plotted her day to not consist of thinking about the Italian that had left her with a cliffhanger. She already knew that her day was going to consist of going to the flower shop where the old lady worked to put her running mind to ease.

As Ravenna uncomfortably made her way to the shower, she made sure to run the warm water to soothe her sore muscles. The warm water cascaded down her naked frame all while making her hiss at the soreness in between her legs.

She gently made her way to the closet to grab herself an attire to wear for the day. Ravenna grabbed her beige cardigan and floral net top along with a pair of jeans. She brushed her waves out and pulled it up to a messy bun before balming her plump lips.

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna made her way out of her bedroom to the kitchen to grab herself something to eat. Settling on an apple, she made her way out of her apartment after grabbing the house and car keys.

Making sure the apartment door is locked, Ravenna headed towards the elevator. As soon as the elevator doors opened to the ground floor, she headed to her parked vehicle with the familiar destination in her mind.

♢ ♢ ♢