⇞ hope for survival ⇞

Start from the beginning

"Yes, seal your power."

"How?"

"Like I did ages ago. By the fire of firemaster. Isn't he the one who unlocked it." She said in an haunting echoing tone like she was speaking someone in the distance.

She should have been detached from the world and here she was because of me. Everytime she stopped talking the peace would shatter and I could hear the mourning cries of my dead kingdom. 

And yet this time when she stopped talking my thoughts focused on how he locked my power within me and kept me alive in young age besides being my friend, he can save my life again and I was ready to do that. I didn't want power but in by unconsciousness I knew that was lie. I wanted to help others, I wanted to heal souls and moreover, If I had the ability I wanted to reduce pain in this world, especially Nazereth.

"Without you taking the pain, the world will still survive Zephora."

She was right ofcourse but then who will I be? I can't be the only living blood line of Spirit Kingdom proudly because I will be having no power and I will be Queen of Krobet, not even worthy of the title because I would be no good use that Kingdom as well. 

"And yet if you are ready to bare the excruciating pain of body and soul, there might be another way." She said in a tone that meant she was not in favor of this.

"You will surely die if you fail but seeing you right now how you lived with a man who lost everything like you did, maybe there is hope for you."

"Tell me." I asked with urgency.

"Your anchor." She stated simply and blinked waiting for her to continue.

"You haven't realised?"

"No."

"It's your goodness. The pure heart that you have, the soul that can feel others pain when no one can hear them crying. The untainted goodness in you is your anchor and if you find courage enough to stick to that, you can live through this. You took all the pain for Nazereth and yet, did you die?"

My goodness?

Was there any? I don't think I was good and yet this was my hope for survival.

"You have to believe what others says my princess, you are good. Just make it your hope and support because it's the pureness of you and your own kindness that brought you this far. You just have to be your strength."

It was not easy at all.

And yet I needed to know if Nazereth still believe in me.

"Not anyone else princess just you, you have to believe in yourself so that others believe it even more. You have to show them that what an actual Empath is, one who understand others through the ways of heart and soul."

Yes, Empath was a good person. I am a good person and I will pour all my heart out to this and make people admire the Spirit Kingdom princess.

"Weapon was only your exterior strength and look what it did. It was a just medium to empower you and yet you didn't even need it. You have power way beyond anyone's imagination. The weapon would keep you alive but kill the actual goodness of you."

I looked at the weapon in front of me. I knew how I had to destroy it and so did my mother. She could do it, this is what she was here for. Take me along with her or take the weapon with her along with all the souls. But as soon as the weapon is gone, the pain, the injuries will hit me harder, no souls would share it or no souls would heal me and I will be free of them.

And yet I have to see how much I could handle.

"Take the weapon." 

Queen, can we rethink? This might endanger your life.

Not more than it did when I was using this.

Morel knew I was right and went quite.

After a moment she took the weapon and for the first time a warm smile spread across her face.

It made me realise she was never the one to tell me not to drown.

"You can drown Edith, just trust yourselff to swim back to the shore." She said as if she knew what I was thinking about.

"You will leave now?" I asked getting teary eyed.

I barely got to know her and all my memories were back so I knew what exactly she did for me and now I had to let her go, again.

"My work as your mother is done my child, now it's your job to be the Queen you are born to be."

I was crying my heart out as she started fading.

"Take care of my home and thank Markheen for me," She said and then she was gone.

I knew what she meant, she wanted the Spirit Kingdom to be alive again.

I fell down to my knees and sobbed into nothingness as the cries of the soul accompanied me in mourning the departure of their Queen.

Moments passed as Morel came closer me.

And then it me like a iron hammer to the chest, the crushing pain that came as the weapon was now gone.

"Queen let's go back and ask Ciara for help, the healing water can still heal body injuries." Morel was panicking and was in lion form again.

But I couldn't respond, just like mother said this was pure agony. I have been tormented in past and even felt heartache and yet this was the worst, my own blood was hurting me now like burning ever organ inside me, my bones threatening to break as I moved, my breathing was haggard and I coughed out blood. My vision was getting hazy and there was throbbing ache in the back of my head.

"We need to go to the King." Morel said and again I couldn't open my mouth.

"I don't want him to see me like this." I said inside my head.

And the Morel said something.

But the pain was getting unbearable at this point. How was I suppose to hold on to anchor right now when I can barely breathe? Warm blood trickled down my nose and I gave a faint smile to Morel.

"Don't tell him." I managed to mumble.

Someone was squeezing the heart inside me. And my soul was afflicted from the battle, the pain I took, the bad I choose and the evils I agreed to overpower me.

"Queen." Morel was talking in a distant echo now.

"The war." He might have said but that is the last thing I heard as my body collapsed under the pricking of the pain.

Here is a little detail oriented much needed chapter. For starting chapter when I was planning the story, Nazereth was her anchor but as I wrote further and  I found it cliched. Like she could love someone deeply but she could be her own strength so I altered the story a bit.

How did I do? Be honest.

I suppose this chapter was montone and It be unfair to pick a favorite moment. Still how did this chapter made you feel?

All in all I hope you enjoyed it!

HAPPY READING!