Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears

Start from the beginning

While they clutch their bleeding arms I take to my heels running to the stables, I hear their pounding feet hitting the ground harshly and probably angrily their bleeding arm forgotten.

"Any horse available?" I rushed out at the stable boy hurriedly looking behind me, he nods staring at me skeptically before leading the same dark horse with demonic eyes. "Hey Mel." I lightly pat her before turning to the boy to help me up.

Just as I feel comfortable on her I see a spear from the far end-a warrior must have dropped it by accident, "Get that for me!" I order and he follows it, I make a small clicking sound to let the horse know it's time to move.

The stable boy throws the spear to me and I catch it just in time, as the horse runs through the black gates the two human guards rush out of the castle doors and I shake my head at them.

"You're so incompetent!" I yell at them as my horse runs faster, the more it runs the louder the roars get.

Chaos, that's the only word to describe what's going on. I see black gooey substance on the floor along and bones, warriors are fighting off the rogues, and the sky is a dark hue with a tinge of red as if a volcano is about to erupt just anywhere. There's a continual flow of rumbling thunder and I can only say it's the work of the King.

I pull back just before we dive into the war, then alight the horse. "Go back girl." I pat her softly before running towards the fight, I quickly assisted a man that seems to be having a hard time fighting off the rouge that is three times his size.

I thrust the spear into the rogue's heart from behind and it stills before making a low exploding sound then he explodes coating both me and the man in its gooey guts.

It's very easy to tell the rogues from the sane demons, while the sane demons look human—as human as a demon can look because some look to be at the point of shifting to the best form but are trying to contain themselves if they don't contain their beast they'd end up almost as insane as the rogues who are huge with the black slimy body, their ribs are exposed and their eyes as dark as the cells in Tartarus they lack any form of humanity in them.

Attacking everything and everybody even themselves, some rogues don't need to be killed by warriors because they are already killing themselves. That's the thing about them, they lack cordanice.

A huff leaves my lips as I slay yet another demon, the thrill isn't as good as I thought it would be.

For one, my first kill is supposed to be with my parents and is supposed to be a demon in human form—a rogue demon isn't a hunter's first kill.

Yet, as the spear goes through the stomach of a snake-like demon I feel my heart clench. When I'd attack the dummy during training my father's proud words usually rang through my ears singing my praises.

I shake my head a bit realizing I'm getting distracted, unfortunately, that moment of distraction is enough for a crazy demon to sink his claws into my shoulder blades and then draw a slash around my belly with his other claws.

A loud shriek leaves my lips before I dig the little knife in my hand into his gut, he roars on my face black gooey substance sticks to my cheeks and I grimace from pain and disgust.

I'm happy when he explodes and I drop to my knees before I can fully collapse I feel strong arms wrap around my waist, my eyes contracted with blue and red angry eyes that hold a tint of worry in them.

A lazy smile makes way to my lips as he pushes a few stubborn baby hair from my face, "What the fuck are you doing here? No, are you okay? Of course, you're not, fuck! You're bleeding so much, shit shit!" There's a loud ringing in my ear accompanied by stinging in my shoulder and stomach.