Chapter 5: The Hard Truth

It has been two months since Anthony, Lorenc, and Chris had arrived on Coruscant. Two months of rigurass training. Chris and Lorenc proved that they could hold their own in combat training and they both have a good shot, but have yet to have seen the battlefield. The clone members of the 501st tease the two teens but ultimately have accepted them into the clone brotherhood. They have also become good friends with two clones in particular, Echo and Fives, who have trained them with the supervision of Captain Rex.

    Anthony's training was very different from his friends and even though he knew everything there was to being a Jedi, he still needed to be trained like the rest. He first had to acquire a lightsaber, the weapon of the Jedi. Not being called far, he had found a crystal in the Jedi Temple. He had felt the calling the day after he had arrived. His lightsaber had a blue blade and dark chrome hilt. The design of the hilt was inspired by both his master's lightsaber and Ahsoka's lightsabers. Once he had his lightsaber his training had begun, being passed around between three teachers. Anakin, his master, had taught him how to adjust the forms to make it easier to cut down battle droids. Anthony had gotten comfortable to form 5, the same one Anakin used. Anakin had taken a liking to his new Padawan and over the past few two months they were able to form the Master and Apprentice bond. This bond allowed them to connect with each other through the force and even telepathically talk to each other. Anakin was happy that he had this bond with both of his Padawans. He knew that in the future they would use it to mess with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan had taught Anthony the art of meditation. The lessons were to help Anthony learn how to clear his mind of distractions. Obi-Wan grew quite fond of him, as Anthony reminded him of Anakin but wiser in his actions and words.

Anthony's third teacher was Ahsoka. She taught him the art of lightsaber combat. They both enjoyed the sparring lessons she gave him each day. She was impressed with his skills with a lightsaber and how swift he was when using it.  Ahsoka had trained her whole life as a Jedi, so she was surprised and a little upset when he was able to become evenly matched with her by the end of the second month. But being his roommate and teacher she had the opportunity to get to know the boy better. Her jealousy towards him had faded and was replaced with friendship. Over the past two months he had become one of her best friends and likewise for him. Ahsoka also became friends with Lorenc and Chris as well. Now it seemed that their training was about to be put to the test, as the three comrades were getting their first mission.

    "We have recently lost contact with one of our medical facilities." stated Master Windu, "It is an older station. Pre-clone wars."

"Older station it may be, useful still it is." explained Master Yoda in his backwards talk.

"However, The Chancellor believes we have no use for it. So your mission is to salvage the supplies." continued Master Windu, "You three will be accompanied by Padawan Tano and Captain Rex."

"Do we know why we have lost contact?" asked Anthony, intrigued about the mission.

"Yah, was it the separatists?" added Lorenc who thought this would be his chance to see some action. He was let down when he learned the objective.

"Not likely." answered Obi-Wan, "It is pirate space and no separatist ships have been seen in that area."

    Lorenc looked down at the floor, disappointed with the answer. Chris just chuckled and patted his armored back. "You'll see some action soon, bud."

    "You will leave tomorrow morning." said Master Plo, as he shut off the holotable.

    The Jedi masters all began to leave. Anakin and Rex were left with the Comrades and Ahsoka in the room.

    "I am putting Snips in charge." Anakin said to his new Padawan and his friends, "Now get some sleep. You don't want to fail your first mission?"