Chapter 2: Heroes of the Republic

Anthony awoke to the sound of alarms. 'Ugh my head.' he thought. Rubbing his forehead, he turned around to check on his friends, but only saw Lorenc and Chris. 'What the hell, where is everyone?' He got up from his seat and walked to the hull of the ship and found no one. All he found was a strap from Andrew's bag.

    "No." cried Anthony as he fell to his knees. He held the strap in his hands looking at it as his eyes started to tear up. Reality hit him like a bullet. He didn't care where he was, didn't care about the alarm, all he thought was that his brother and most of his friends were dead because of his actions.... He killed his friends.

    "Bro, wake up." Chris said, as he shook Lorenc.

    Lorenc's eyes opened slowly as he said, "Alright. Alright. I'm up." he looked up at Chris with a concerned look on his face. "What?" he asked.

    Chris trying to avoid his stare, Lorenc became aware of his situation. "Chris, where is everyone? Where are we? Are we the only ones?" Chris closed his eyes holding back tears. He pointed to Anthony who was sitting against the wall, crying holding a strap from Andrew's backpack.

    "Oh no." said Lorenc as he and Chris walked over to Anthony.

    "Hey Ant, how you feelin-" started Lorenc but was interrupted by Anthony.

    "I KILLED THEM. I KILLED THEM ALL!" he screamed, "They died because I was a selfish retard."

    "It's not your fault." said Chris, trying to collect himself. "It was our choice."

    "Chris is right and you have all the reason to mourn them, but right now we need your help to figure out where we are." said Lorenc.

    Wiping the tears off his face, still holding the strap, Anthony gets up slowly. He realized that he could save his last two friends. Walking over to the control panel, pocketing the strap, he looked at all the buttons and flashing lights. Pushing a few buttons, he said, "Well the engines are fried and the steering is gone. Oxygen level is at fifty percent, but for the most part the ship is fine."

    "What about where we are?" asked Chris.

    "No idea." responded Anthony, his eyes still red from crying.

    "Hey guys, look at this." called Lorenc as he pointed out the windshield. He pointed to a planet with lights bright enough to see from where they were stuck in space.

    "That's not earth." claimed Chris.

    "There are so many people," said Anthony, recognizing the planet but can't remember where he has seen it before.

    "How do you know that?" asked Lorenc.

    "I don't know how, but I can feel every living being down there, like I am connected to them." explained Anthony.

    "That's great and all, but where are we?" complained Chris, "That planet looks like it is from Star Wars."

    "That's because it is." exclaimed Anthony as he remembered the planet. "That planet is Coruscant."

    "Coru-what?" asked Chris

    "How is that even possible?" exclaimed Lorenc.

    Anthony's mind was rushed with thoughts as Lorenc and Chris still tried to figure out their situation. 'How is this even possible?' he thought, rehashing what Lorenc had just said. A tingling feeling came through his body, 'Something is about to happen.' A huge space ship appeared out of nowhere and was right in front of them.

    "What the hell!" Lorenc screamed, frightened by the ship's sudden appearance.