Special Chapter (3/3): Annoying You (Han Special)

The 18-year-old Han was walking slowly to go to school. He placed his palm on his mouth as he yawned, he was still sleepy but he had to go to his school, or else his Papa Chenle would keep on nagging him for the whole day and might confiscate his new game console. He stayed up all night because he played his newly bought game console that his Dada Jisung bought for him for his 18th birthday last week.

He's already late for his class, but he wouldn't budge to move faster and run to school. Han thought that why would he exert an effort on running and panicking to go to school if would still be late, that's why he's walking at a normal speed.

The moment that Han arrived at school, it was already on their second period. Han entered the room calmly as the teacher was not yet there.

"Why're you late?" His seatmate asked him.

"I played my new game console," Han answered, smiling widely.

Then he felt someone throw something at him, then he looked at the floor, it was a paper ball. He looked at the back to see who threw the paper at him and there he saw the guy who annoyed him the most.

Lee Haesung.

Haesung really never failed to annoy him.

"What do you want?" Han asked loudly at the lad.

"The good Han is late today," said Haesung, ignoring Han's question. "Is it a miracle or maybe you're starting to rebel?"

Han gritted his teeth as he glared at Haesung.

They are childhood friends, he was the son of his Uncle Mark and Uncle Donghyuck, but when Han and his family moved to a new house after his parents got married when he was four years old, he and Haesung lost contact completely. They met again five years ago, when they were in Grade 7. Han found out that Haesung's family moved into their subdivision and they live a couple streets away from them, but their friendship also changed. Haesung teases him a lot which annoyed Han. Han still clearly remembered that he used to kiss Haesung when they were young, but the Haesung he kissed before was too different to the Haesung he knew now, he was long gone.

Han ignored Haesung and went back to face the blackboard when the teacher for their second subject finally arrived. He was already in his last year of high school, that's why the requirements and the things they have to submit kept on piling up. He's always busy and the teachers didn't seem to notice that they already have lots to do and they just keep on giving them requirements.

"Okay, now, listen. You will read a short story and you will answer questions after. This is gonna be a pair work and I've already made a list of pairs last night," said Ms. Shin, their language proficiency teacher, she's still young and currently in mid-twenties. A lot of Han's fellow classmates have a huge crush on because she was also a beauty. "Sit beside your partner after calling your name."

"Kim Sungkyung and Ko Goeun," Ms. Shin started calling each pair, and his fellow classmate started to stand up from their seat and get their back to sit beside their partner.

"Park Han and Lee Haesung," said Ms. Shin loudly.

Han's eyes widened. Did I hear her right?"

Han looked back at Haesung who was now smiling sheepishly at him.

Han, then, raised his hands. "Miss! Can I change my partner?"

Ms. Shin looked at him, "No. You have to cooperate and work with your partner. If Haesung doesn't want to help then tell me and I'll deduct it to his points, also same with you, Haesung, if Han doesn't cooperate."