Royal Runaways - Oikawa x Reader

This is an AU!

You are the most courtable princess of the party as you are beautiful and your father is very well known.

Oikawa is a prince who is not fond of the stereotypes that come with being a prince(ss)

____________

"Miss princess, could you please lift your arms above your head once more?"

"But whyyyyy, my arms hurt..."

You hated being measured. It always made your arms sore from having to hold them up for too long, and if you ever had larger measurements than the last time, your parents would hire a nutritionist. That was the worst. They would say "It's bad for your image, you want to be presentable!" They are so frustrating. Alas, they would make you beautiful yet uncomfortable gowns for the events that you didn't want to attend in the first place.

This weekend's event was a ball. Basically, every king and queen from around the world would bring their heirs and heiresses to this gathering to make connections for the future leaders of the world, and also to see if any of the heirs and heiresses would court each other. It's all this hierarchy bull crap that you couldn't give two flying fucks about. Certain princesses couldn't DARE date certain princes because of their parents rankings. It's ridiculous. There are so many outrageous unspoken rules among royalty and frankly you've had enough of having to follow them.

_________

You were done being measured and your dress was finished being altered. You are the most courtable princess in all the land or something like that so you must have a colour that stands out. The designers decided that red and black looked elegant together yet also inspires love and attraction. You call bs but whatever, they can do what they want you guess. Your dress turned out beautiful and fit your form perfectly, it was sure to make the finest princes walk your way. This was your dress for the evening:

 This was your dress for the evening:

It was absolutely stunning. You reluctantly put it on for the party. "It's just 4 hours, it will be over soon. It's just 4 hours, it will be over soon!" You kept repeating to yourself, squeezing your eyes shut and pacing around your room before taking a deep breath and exiting your safe place to enter a scary one.

_________

You walk out of your room and to the stairs. Before opening the doors to the grand stairs where everyone will be looking at you ready to pounce, you head over to the little window beside the doors to take a look at how many people are at this gathering.
"Oh my god, there's so many boys..." you mutter and roll your eyes as you look out at the ballroom filled with at least 800 people, making your heart skip a beat.
I'm gonna have to meet so many of them and they're all going to be using really cringey formalities and crap, this is gonna suck.
You think to yourself before finally getting the courage to open the door to the stairs.