Sleepy Studies pt 2 - Ushijima x Reader

Ahhh, finally (favourite sport) practice is over...

OH WAIT

I HAVE TO MEET USHIJIMA IN THE LIBRARY IN LIKE 5 MINUTES BECAUSE I CHANGED

BUT IM ALL SWEATY

BUT THE TEST

BUT THE LIBRARY IS 15 MINUTES AWAY

OH GOD I BETTER RUN

You start booking it down the street, passing relatives, neighbours, even teachers as you ridiculously sprint down the road toward the library. Once you reach the door, you are panting and sweating up a storm, but you don't have any time to catch your breath or you will be late. You HATE being late.

You walk in the door to see Ushijima sitting at one of the 10 tables set out for students to study at together, although all the other tables are empty.  He has his headphones in and a book out, he is waiting for you. He looks very relaxed and comfortable, it's kinda cute! He is wearing a team hoodie which looks super soft and comfortable...

He listens to music? I didn't even think he knew about music, I wonder what he is listening to...
You think to yourself as you approach your crush.

Wait

Your crush?

Welp, I guess it's a crush

Is it a crush?

"I guess so"

Well shit, it's a crush.

Anyways, you approach the man in the purple Shiratorizawa hoodie and sit in the chair across the circular table from him so you can look at him.
"Hey again."

He doesn't seem to notice you as he is very deep into his book and he has headphones in. You decided to get up and tap him on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Oh wow, this hoodie really is soft" you mutter to yourself.

"I know, it's my favourite." Ushijima says as he looks at you from his seat.
"Hey again." He says with a soft smile.

DID HE JUST SMILE AT ME??

"Uhm, are you r-ready to study?" You say, looking at your fingers fidgeting with each other, your hair falling in front of your face and covering your red cheeks.

"Sure, I have my note with me." He says as he pulls the chair out beside him, intending for you to sit beside him then reaching in his bag for his note.

For some reason, this act of pulling out a chair for you gives you butterflies, he wants you to sit beside him! Not across from him, close to him!! But it probably means nothing, you just need to read it with him. OMG YOU'RE GONNA READ IT WITH HIM AND BE CLOSER TO HIM TOO! Okay now you really have butterflies. You're right, this is a crush for sure.

He pulls out the note that he made during class that day. His handwriting looks like printing, but a little bit fancier, like this:

 His handwriting looks like printing, but a little bit fancier, like this:

It.
Is.
So.
Gorgeous.

"Here, let's look over this together. Ask me questions if you have any." Ushijima says, pushing his note between the two of you. He leans a little bit closer to you so that you can both read it together, wafting his scent over toward you. He smells like like a savoury cologne, the kind that you want to just smell by the nose-full. He didn't smell like that earlier, you wonder if he did that just for you or if he usually smells like that and you just didn't notice.

_________

After reviewing the front page for a while and asking a few questions, you flip the page to the back.

"Nooooooooo there's a back side??" You huff and you put your hands on your forehead as you lean back in your chair.

You hear a little chuckle from the boy next to you.

You look over and he is smirking at you, but he immediately whips back around to look at his hands resting in his lap when you make eye contact.

😳

"Okay, let's try this again!" You say as you feel bold and pat him on the back.
Yes, that's feeling bold.
At this touch you both start blushing and playing with your fingers. You scoot your chair a little closer to his so that you can read the smaller writing on the back of his page. At this point, your arms are touching. You have both been slowly scooting your chairs together all night until you finally got to touch each other somehow.

Both of you are thinking the same thing, and it's not about homework.

I want this persons lips on mine.

______________

It's now 9 o'clock and you are starting to get tired after a terrible night sleep, a stressful school day and a gruelling (fav sport) practice so you place your arm on the table and lean on it while being quizzed by Ushijima.

You slowly start to feel your eyelids getting heavy, usually you can keep them open but that cologne is making you so calm that you can't help but fall asleep.

Ushijima notices this, but does nothing about it. He wants to be able to look at you for a moment without having to feel embarrassed by you looking back at him. He admires your soft, relaxed features as he fights the urge to run his fingers through your (h/c) hair. Finally, he is able to get himself to do something about this crush he has on you. He takes a few pictures of his note and puts his physical copy in front of him. With the space he has left on the bottom, he grabs a pen and writes:
"Here's my phone number if you would ever like to do this again. *** *** ****"

He puts his pen down and looks at you one more time. He smiles as he finally gives in to his urge to pat your head. Your hair is so silky and soft, not to mention it smells amazing. His whole hand can fit over your head. He wishes he could stay in this moment forever. Although, his parents were expecting him home a half hour ago.

He picks up his pen again and writes,
"Please text time when you get home safe, gorgeous."
His heart flutters as he walks to the front of the library. He looks back one more time and sees you shiver.

He takes off his hoodie and drapes it over your shoulders, making you sigh and relax your shoulders even more.
"See you tomorrow, y/n" he whispers in your ear before exiting the library, head filled with thoughts of you.

• • • • • • • • • •
Authors note:
• • • • • • • • • •

Word count: 1137

Sorry if you were expecting a *kissy kiss* at the end there, Ushiwaka is NOT that bold 👀

Thank you for reading the storyyyyy sorry that there were two parts...

Also can someone take over my shift tomorrow, I really don't want to go to work. I freaking hate it so much.