Mario Kart - Kageyama x Reader

From: Tobi boo🥺❤️
omw, set up the fortress ;)

From: You
I'm way ahead of you loser 😘

You and Tobio had been dating for multiple months now, and you have never been happier! You go to all of his volleyball games and cheer him on (which makes him blush), he gives you his hoodies (which are SO SOFT and they have #9 on the arm🥺), and once in a while when he comes over to your house for the night, you will have a gaming night.

__________

Here is the gaming night routine:
1. Set up the a pillow and blanket fort that surrounds your bed for you and Kageyama to game in. It must include cute lights on the inside.
2. Set up the game consoles, but you take the red one because it works better (don't tell kags)
3. Make some popcorn and pray that it doesn't get thrown this time...

___________

This time, you remembered to set up the fortress before he arrived and get everything prepared. You're ahead of the game this time, you won't accept defeat after he rubbed it in your face last time and made you the big spoon. You were just putting Kageyamas remote on his side of the fort (which would eventually become both of your sides) when you heard a knock on the door.

"Hey second place, ready to get crushed like last time?" You hear your boyfriend say as he walks towards you from the door and grabs your waist to pull you into a light kiss on the cheek.

Even though your heart was SCREAMING on the inside because that was so cute, you say
"In your dreams, punk. You're going down."

...

"ILL RACE YOU UPSTAIRS, WHOEVER WINS GETS TO PICK THE GAME!!" Kageyama yells, being competitive as always. The fire in his eyes tells you that he is serious, so your prepare for the countdown to run up the stairs.

"3, 2, 1!!!" He yells and he books it up the stairs hopping 3 steps at a time. Your legs are shorter than his so you can only do 2 at a time. He always does this. Like damn, would it kill you to let reader-chan win for once??

He makes it up the stairs faster than you do, and he gets a smug smirk on his face that you can't tell if you want to kiss or slap. Damn, he is so cute when he gets like this.
"Well I won, so I say we're playing Mario cart." He said, standing with his hands on his hips, winking at your defeated expression.

"Yeah, yeah. Just pull the game up." You say, dragging your feet to your room. You are just as competitive as he is...

__________

He is so excited, he runs to your room and pulls the game up on your tv. When you arrive at your room he is already sitting on your bed, waiting you to lay down with him. Even though he just ran up the stairs at lightning speed, his hair still looks perfect. He is laying in your bed on his side, the angle of his body welcoming you to lay with him. He looks so strong, even when he is just laying down.

You sit down next to him and grab your controller. You choose your characters and get ready to start the race. You are both already not breathing, eyers wide open staring at the tv.

______
3
2
1
GO!
______

The race begins and Kageyama gets the head start. He races into the first place position as you fall into third.
"UGH WHAT THE ****ING ****, THIS IS NOT STARTING WELL" you yell as Kageyama has a low chuckle. You believe that you can make it out on top though, and eventually at the beginning of the last lap you get up to first place.

"NOO NOO NOO, Y/N, LOOK OVER HERE!" Your boyfriend demands frantically as he is lifting up his shirt to distract you.

😳

"Oh that's not fair, you're gonna distract me like that with your abs?? Are you kidding me?? Well I'm sure if I lifted up MY shirt you would lose too but I am a fair player Mr. Kageyama!" You say, your face turning a bright shade of red, maybe from yelling, maybe from embarrassment. You decide.

Kageyama looks over at you to see you flustered and incredibly focused on winning the game.
"She looks so cute like that, look at her little blush!" He thinks to himself. He could just look at you all day, he thinks the little things you do are so endearing. Like when you get nervous and you pick at your nails because it helps you distract yourself, or when you tuck you hair behind your little ears because it's in the way, and when you look up at him and your (e/c) eyes catch the sun and look like they're glowing. In those moments, he just wants to pick you up and hold you forever an make you his. Right now is one of those moments. Maybe he will let you win, just to see that gorgeous smile of yours.

"OH MY GOD YES YOU HIT A BANANA!!!" You exclaim and stick your tongue out at your boyfriend, pulling into first place and winning the game.

"SHOOT! Well, I guess I lost!" He says, making it totally obvious that he let you win.

"Omg you let me win!" You say shocked, finally looking over at him.
He is looking down at you smiling. His hand strokes your cheek to move the hair that has fallen onto it. His face look so soft and relaxed, like he is completely comfortable. He grabs your face with his hand and pulls you into a kiss. It's a short kiss, but it is meaningful.

"I love you, y/n"

"I love you too, Kageyama. Can we play Minecraft now?? I wanna put our beds together😚"

Authors note
• • • • • • • • • •
I really haven't written in a while, I just got really lazy lol

I finished Haikyuu today (for the second time, first time watching season 4) so that was exciting! I'm still pretty bad with names but I remember a lot more now that I've seen the show again

This one seems a little sloppy to me, but I hope you guys like it😅 have a good night guys! :)