Sleepy Studies - Ushijima x Reader

"Okay class, you are to study today's material for a quiz tomorrow, that way we will see who was REALLY paying attention." Your teacher says, looking right at you and rolling his eyes. 

You snort a little as you raise your head off of your arm, drool coming down your cheek.
"Whaa?"

The teacher continues talking as you look for the clock.
"ITS 2:59?? Last time I checked it was 2:00!!" You whisper-yelled to yourself.
"Did I fall asleep..."

Your teacher continues, "I hope that you all were paying attention today, I will not be posting this note on Edsby for you to look back on for the quiz."

"Oh god... there's a quiz?? Well, if it's only from today I'm sure it can't be worth THAT much of my grade, right?"

"This will be worth 50% of your grade for this unit."

"shit."

🔔 BRRRING 🔔

You start to panic as the reality of this situation really starts to set in. Your mind starts going crazy, but that's not unusual for you.
"I am going to fail this unit! I fell asleep for the whole class and I don't have any friends to help me and if I don't get that note then I don't pass this unit then I don't pass this class then I don't graduate then I'll never get out of here then my mom will kill me an-"

"Uh, hello y/n," you hear a deep voice coming from behind you and a large hand gently tap your shoulder, catching you by surprise. Seemingly this voice is either coming from the roof or a really tall person that can fully hover over you. He says your name matter-of-factly, not in a way that says he WANTS your attention necessarily but that he must get your attention to fulfil something. Maybe the teacher told him to talk to you?

You turn around to see Ushijima Wakatoshi standing over you, clearly not realizing how close he is to you and how scary he looks hovering over your head.
"Uh, um, uh, hi there," you manage to spit out while blushing madly. His voice is so deep and smooth, it kind of caught you off guard. You've never heard him talk, so it was kind of surprising. You admit, you did think he was cute when you saw him in class, but you didn't think that him saying a few words, one of which being your name, would send your face into a pit of fire...

Finally noticing your blushing and how he was hovering over you, Ushijima responded.
"Oh, my apologies y/n. Did I scare you getting so close?" He says as he steps away from you, looking at his feet and becoming more embarrassed that he didn't realize his position over you.

"OH NO ITS FINE, YOU'RE FINE" you quickly say, waving your arms around to tell him that you're not bothered. Maybe a little bit too much as he raises an eyebrow at your actions.

Still a bit confused at your previous blush and your now flailing form, he just decided to continue his mission.
"I noticed that you had fallen asleep during class, so I was going to ask you if you would like to borrow my notes so that you can be prepared for the quiz tomorrow. I don't know if you have any friends in this class, I haven't seen you sit with anyone so I thought I would be kind and give you some help."

"Woah, this dude never talks. Why is he talking to me? And how did he notice that I never sit with anyone? Is he just that observant or is there something else going on here? Okay, don't get like that again. He doesn't like you, chill out y/n, chill out, don't jump to conclusions..." you overthink to yourself, not realizing that you should respond to the boy in front of you.

"Oh, uh, do you mean, like, take the note or we would study together?"
"Don't you have volleyball practice?"

*smack*

Your hand goes straight to your mouth as you realize what you had just said. Did you just suggest that you study with the ace of Shiratorizawa when he probably has a million other things to do, then also reveal that you know when he practices??? He is gonna think you're so weird and like a stalker or something and he would NEVER say yes to studying with a rando like you!!

"I do not have volleyball tonight," he says looking down at you, clearly not affected by you knowing when he practices, "but if you would like to study together in the library, that would be fine." Ushijima says, remaining monotone and appearing calm and collected, although you can see some colour coming to his face and a hint of hope in his eyes 👀

Well this is new...

"Oh, okay! I actually have (your favourite sport) practice today so I am not available until 7, does that change anything?" You say, hoping that he doesn't change his mind now.

"No, that doesn't change our study plans. Meet me at the library at 7:15 please" Wakatoshi says, placing a hand on your shoulder as he speaks. You can feel his hand shaking ever so slightly as it sits lightly on your shoulder. Is he nervous?

"UhmokayIcandothatseeyousoon" you say as you pat his arm and speed walk away as fast as you can do that you don't hyperventilate in front of this huge handsome man that just offered to study with you the library at night. Omg what is happening.

Little do you know that Ushijima just let out a sigh of relief, he can finally relax now that you've walked away, goodness he was a big nervous wreck on the inside.

"GOOD JOB USHIJIMA IM SO PROUD OF YOU" a screaming Tendou comes bounding out from behind the corner.

"Thank you." Ushijima says, looking to the ground and covering his cheeks with his hands.

"Oh, are you blushing my friend?" Tendou says, nudging Ushijima in the shoulder with his own, wiggling his eyebrows and laughing at him.

"I don't know, I've never blushed before." The big dumbass says.

•••••••••••••••••••

Okay this getting a little long, part 2 is coming up next!!

Word count: 1,054