You're my Joy - Daichi x Reader

"Y/n, if you wear a dress that low-cut on your date your boyfriend isn't going to be looking at your face..."

"Mom!!" You yell, embarrassed.

Tonight is your big date with Daichi Sawamura. You've been waiting so long for him to ask you out on a date, but he has been too busy with volleyball to make time to plan one for you two. You understood, as your hobby also takes up a lot of time in your week. It's not like you had much time either.

"I just don't know what I am going to wear..." you thought. With that, you made your way over to your older sisters room. She wasn't home right now, so you could freely steal her dresses as you please.
"This is the one!" You thought as you held up a silky light blue dress that fell mid thigh, and had a baggy semi-plunging neckline. It is all the rage these days. He is definitely going to love it.

"Is this better mom?" You ask, cautiously meeting your mom on the couch.

"Much better." She says with a smile and an approving thumbs-up.

You put on a starry necklace, a cute little ring, and grabbed a bag as you headed to wait at the front door for Daichi.

🔔 *ding dong* 🔔

Your heart skips a beat as you open the door to see a smiling Daichi standing in front of you with a blue sweater matching your dress, tucked into some nice black jeans. He is holding flowers in his hand. A dozen red roses, your favourite flower.

"Did you guys plan the colours?? You look so cute! I need a picture!" Your mom squeals as she jumps up to get her phone to take a picture.

__________________
__________________

"You look beautiful tonight." Daichi says, handing you the flowers he had bought for you.

"Well, you look handsome yourself! It's almost like we planned this colour coordination!" You say to him as you take the flowers he is offering to you and smell them.

You extend your hand to reach for the car door but Sawamura beats you to it.
"Let me get that for you." He says as he flashes you a smile and helps you into the car.
What a gentleman, he is! When you take his hand that is guiding you towards your seat, you can feel it shaking with nerves, which absolutely melts your heart. You have this affect on him.

He enters the car and you drive to your destination. A restaurant. His hands shaking on the wheel the entire time.

_________________
_________________

You arrive at the restaurant he chose for tonight's date. He wasn't kidding when he said it was fancy earlier that day.

Seeing that you look a little overwhelmed by the class, the volleyball captain turns to you and says
"Is this too ritzy for you? We can go somewhere else if you'd like!" He panicked because he thought that this would impress you. He so badly wants to impress you because you impress him every day in a new way. He wants to prove that he is going to be the perfect boyfriend to you.

"Oh, no. This is perfect. I love it!" You exclaim, noticing the panic in his eyes.

"Okay, I'm glad," he sighs, wiping the bead of sweat off his forehead. "Let's get seated. I got the best seats in the house!" He says, wearing a cocky smirk.

_____________
_____________

You arrive at the balcony seating with a perfect view of a park filled with romantic lights and a calming atmosphere. The lights of the park bounced off the water of the nearby lake and onto the restaurant. It was beautiful, a perfect setting for a proposal, you thought.

"Do you like it, darling? I think it looks so beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as you!" He says, grabbing your hands in his

"Do you like it, darling? I think it looks so beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as you!" He says, grabbing your hands in his. His gaze softened from tense to comfortable in this moment. His head tilts slightly left as he admires your beauty.
"I really hope I don't screw this up... YOU CAN DO THIS DAICHI" he says to himself.
Man, he is really laying it on thick tonight. He wants you to be impressed, like so badly.

"Wow," you say, finding your seat then gazing at the beautiful scene to your left, "I can't believe you found a place like this!"

"I wanted tonight to be really special for you. I've been meaning to say this to you for a w-while," Daichi stuttered,
"I'm really sorry that I haven't been spending enough time with you. Volleyball has been taking up a lot of my time with these new first years, and it has been taking away from my time with you," he sighed as the lights from the park reflected in his eyes that were looking into yours,
"I really don't want you to feel second-best to volleyball, because you're not. I love you so much y/n-bear and I hope that you know I would do anything to keep you safe and happy. You are my joy," he said, holding your hands in his and rubbing the tops of them with his thumbs in circles like he always does. It never fails to give you butterflies.

Blushing, you say "Sawa-bear, I love you so much." That is all you can manage to choke out, or else you will cry at his sweet words.

When it came time to place your order, Daichi saw the opportunity to gaze at you in your natural state. You looked so gentle and graceful in everything that you do, like a ballerina. He loved that about you. It took everything in him to not just reach over and kiss your face.

You ate your dinner together and you talked about volleyball, love, children, and your future together. "God, Daichi would make a great father to my children," you thought while looking into his eyes. He looked so handsome in this light, you could just take each other in for hours. You almost did, too. Eventually though, you finished up your food, and Daichi had to take you back to your house.

____________
____________

"I had such a great night with you, Sawamura. Thank you for making it so special for me." You extended your arms to give your boyfriend a big hug. He wrapped his muscular arms around your torso and you wrapped your arms around his neck, rocking gently side to side in the secure embrace.

"Anything for my y/n-bear. I love you," he said while rubbing your back in the hug that felt like home. His heart felt full whenever he was around you. Like this is where he was meant to be. He never wanted to leave this comfortable place, but he had to let go eventually.

He pulled back from the hug, arms still around your body, and kissed your lips in a way that told you that you should never let him go. He was the one for you. His sweet kisses would be yours forever. You continue your embrace while imagining your wedding to the man between your arms.

Authors Note
• • • • • • • • • •

I should have been doing my culminating assignments right now but that can wait for Dadchi

This one is a little long, but I think it's worth the read. Daichi is such a dad. Husband material.

I wanted to switch it up from being before you were dating to while you were dating. Let me know what you think!

I have TONS more ideas that I am going to write about, some not on Karasuno, but not many. I'm watching Haikyuu again to get a better understanding of the boys again 😅

As always, thanks for reading!!❤️❤️