Coming Together, Falling Apart

~11:20 Nov 10th, 2010. Just outside CADMUS Labs~

The midday populace of the City sidewalk continued idly around my stationary self. My pair of humanly hazel hues scrutunized over the egg white plastered structure. A small structure, I reminded myself, rebuilt at such a speed it almost broadcasted their hidden secrets below.

"I wish I could literally be anyone else in the universe right now, Maze." I groaned aloud in a sigh.

"You've gone months without any explicit answers, Love." He chimed back firmly from my subconcious. "If you really believe this creature can help you peice together something about your past, I'm all in."

His support was comfortingly warm, yet still held no barricade to the flood of trepidation washing over my residual anxiety. It swelled to the point that the commitment I had bared through to get here was close to being submerged.

Close.

But the potential information was too great to coward away now.

"Kal is gonna be so upset with me when he finds out."

The chocolate face of my beloved appeared within my minds eye, contemptment glaring into me through storming grey orbs. Just the thought prickled my skin to fearful gooseflesh. If there was ever a time I didnt want to feel the loving visit of his being intermingled with mine, it was now.

But if I was right about coming here, I'm sure he will understand.

"Do whatever the hell you want with that bridge when you get to it. For now, just go!"

I affirmed myself with a nod and breathed out sharply, summoning on my inviaibility and bracing forward through the automatic doors.

I made a B-line to the side corridor I remembered led to the elevator to the secret sub-levels. All while avaoiding the full armored and armed guards, and the countless security cameras. This elevator had been upgraded with a security card reader and number combination but it didnt matter since I could just pass through the door. And thankfully the lift was already on this level as I stepped through or that would have been a whole other problem.

Alone and inside, I pressed level 52 on the panel since that was the floor we found SB on and I wasnt sure where else to start looking. Maze took his chance to hop into the systems as I pressed the button.

"Be careful, Maze. I'm going to take a a second to try and find Dubbilex, alright?"

The elevator shifted wonky to life.

"Whatever you need, Girl. In the meantime, I'll see if I can get anything interesting in the systems, holler if you need."

His quick dismissal thankfully left ample space in my mind to concentrate and now that I no longer needed my invibility, it peeled off like a blanket to be stashed until needed again.

Air fully filtered through my chest with the closing of my eyes, and I focused my mental strength on the Genomorph who presided over CADMUS Labs.

"Dubbilex? Dubbilex, can you hear me?"

"With clarity, young one." He returned rather quickly. "Though, your return is far sooner than I expected. Meet me in the room I nursed you in the night of your first arrival. I will join you shortly."

His presence dissapeared from the psychic bond as fast as he arrived, leaving me to vaguely remember which room he was talking about and click the new floor number I hoped it was on.

The moment I stepped out, dozens of eyes fell upon me. Red orbs haunted every direction, coming from genomorphs of all sizes and shapes. But the odd thing was, was that they didnt look at me with any emotion I would have expected.