Arrows Are Loose

After our mission 'taking down' Amazo, Hal had informed me that he and John were going back to Oa for a while. And that being the case, I had to spend my time with one of the JL members while they were gone.

Hal wasn't ever really comfortable with me being alone.....

Before he left, he had given me the option of staying in the cave with Megan and S.B. However, I knew he would feel better if it was someone I had stayed with before and knew more about my abilities. Besides, I really wanted them to spend more time together. (Not that those two really needed any help getting along with each other.)

But it also wasnt that Hal he didnt trust me, he was just worried. Way to much if you ask me. This time our lucky winner was Shayera and Katar Hol. The immortal Egyptian couple.

~02:14. Aug 8th, 2010. St. Roch, LA~

It was pitch black, and cold to absolute zero. My only warmth being the small waves of heat my own body gave off. I was stiff yet my body racked with hysterical sobs that resounded in the metal cage I was trapped in. Tears tumbled down my cheeks like their own waterfalls.

"Ahh, Sportsmaster. Its a pleasure to see you again." I heard him say. But......who was him? The walls might had been metal but they were not in any way soundproof. At least, not from the inside.

"I didnt come here for pleasantries. I heard you had a new mission for me." A deep, cold voice answered. One I'd never heard before. But I did know sportsmaster, didnt I?

He chuckled darkly, in the way that he always did. How did I know that? "Just the aid of a grand new project for the Light."

"Uh-huh." This Sportsmaster character hummed with boredom.

"We've acquired the scientific studies of C.A.D.M.U.S Labs as well as a few other organizations. Their experiments with genetics in their clones should help enhance her in our future plans."

"'Her'?" This seemed to catch the recent arrivals attention.

"I'll show you."

My sobs instantly silenced. My mind racked with fear. Fear of his face. Fear of his touch. Fear of his voice so close to me. My body now shook not with sadness but with terror. Yet, I don't remember any of these things before.

"Hold her down!" I was suddenly thrown in a new surrounding, one that made both entire sense yet none. I was thrashing. Anger pulsing through me. My body laying on some sort of cold surface, sending chills down my back. My eyes were shut tightly, using all manner of strength to get loose. I was infuriated. I wanted out. But out of where?

"Sir, her powers are surfacing!"

I felt a sudden pierce in my skin and a red hot burn consumed my veins then incinerating the nerves that surrounded them. My grunts of effort quickly turned into a sound. A sound that if you could mix the words; howl, cry, scream and wail. That would have been the loud vocalization I made. It was utter torture. God, how I wanted to just die then and there.

"Astral!"

My body shot upright in a second. My hands flinging to the wrist of the grip that laid firmly yet comfortably on both my shoulders. My heart was racing and the soaked feeling of my night shirt sticking to my frame. My diaphragm rising and falling with each long albeit labored breath I took.