Boy who cried 'Shazam!'

*Hey Wattpad Developers, how about not having the publish button in the top right-hand side of the mobile setup thats really easy to push on accident.

Sincerely, an author thats done this more than once. 🙃*

~19:23. Nov 5th, 2010. Mt. Justice. Happy Harbor. RI.~

Our pair of footsteps seemed to bounce unnecessarily loud off the walls of the corridor due to the silent walk the young emerald archer and I were on to the garage/hanger.

We had hit the showers after a spar previously today and when we had emerged to find everyone missing from their perspective places, we figured Megan had returned from her shopping trip and went to help.

So now we were too.

"Sooooo," Artemis' unnervingly playful trill caused me to lift a brow her way, immediately catching the shit eating grin she rarely displayed. "You and Kaldur, huh?"

Sigh. "Yes, Artemis, we've been together for a few months now."

Both gazes fell back to the way ahead, not breaking stride through the brief exchange but I still noticed the growing smirk in my peripheral. "He did seem a little overprotective after you got poisoned on the mission with Dr. Roquette. 'Guess...we all just figured he felt guilty for letting it happen."

Remembering Kal's commitment to my bedside back then caused a surge of warmth to my face. My hand went to push back a strand of hair from the side of my face when I remembered I had just tamed the brunette locks.

"We.... weren't together yet then." I muttered embarrassingly.

Artemis balked, now genuinely spooked.

"Wow." She puffed teasingly. Her face quickly morphing to that of being somewhat impressed and then approval. Whatever she was thinking in that blonde head of hers, I kinda didn't want to know. "Who knew, huh?"

"Obviously none of you." I sassed in return, priding in the professionalism Kal and I maintained which kept the team oblivious.

Yet, the repartee earned me an elbow thrust to the arm. I chuffed playfully at her reaction, rubbing the impact until the sting dwindled.

"Were you two talking about what I think you were talking about?"

"Jesus!" The word jumped off my lips as much as my body did when Zatanna suddenly emerged from a corresponding hallway.

She stood unmoved by my shock, remaining centered with her arms crossed over her chest. Her eyes were alight with excitement that transferred to Artemis for a moment, where her question was briefly answered by a jut of the archers chin. But she quickly matched hues with me again, apparently needing confirmation from the source.

In a quick remembrance that Anna actually wasn't, in fact, part of the original discovery group to 'Astur's' exposed relationship, I gritted aloud, "I'm gonna beat that little birds ass."

Zatanna squealed. My neck was enveloped in her hold as she expressed how happy she was for me and of course that I had to tell her everything when I got the chance. But thankfully she understood how much crap the others had already been giving us so she backed off for the time being.

"Glad to see you back, Zatanna." Artemis chimed while we now finally strided into our desired room. "Does this mean you're officially joining the team?"

I glanced around the expanded space to see everyone, including Zatarra, Batman, and Red Tornado, awaiting Megan to finish unloading the crate sized boxes from the bioship.

Kal and Connor were trying to unravel the martians intricate knot she had secured the cargo with, while Robin awaited the need for his help and Wally was busy asking our kitchen master if she remembered to buy him cookies.