"Fine, give me a call when he turns up. He'll need my help."

"Yeah, because you've done so much already" I sneer, turning away as I feel the cold rush of hair and hiss of wind swoop by me, indicating that Raphael had gone, to do whatever useless activity he planned on doing.

As I turn around, I notice Jace on his phone, and both Clary and I glance at each other quizzingly.

" What are you doing?" Clary asks, folding her arms to conserve heat, since the night was a cold as ever.

"Getting reinforcements," He states, placing the phone to his ear "Alec, I need you".

I feel myself smile, a sense of relief filling me at the two parabatai being there for each other, and that despite everything their brotherhood stood tall.

"An attack?" Jace questions, and immediately I step forwards, my back straightened and senses heightened, fear streaming through me. My eyes widen as I stare questioningly at Jace, and he swiftly places the phone on speaker, allowing us all to hear.

I frown deeply when I hear Izzy's voice instead of Alec's.

"Valentine created a Forsaken that went through the wards." Izzy states, and we all tense, confusion and worry filling us.

" That's not possible, Izzy. Nothing can get through the wards. There are warlock spells to defend against all Downworlders." I state, even with me simple knowledge of this world, I know that the institute is impenetrable, nothing could get in.

Or so we thought.

"Not this one. It had Seelie blood with angel properties. Guys, it went after Hodge and Alec." Izzy states, her voice cracking slightly conveying her fear, and at the mention of Alec's name I freeze, feeling like the world was spinning.

"Are they okay? Is Alec–" I ask immediately, urgency evident in my gruff tone.

"They're banged up, but they'll live. Hodge killed it. It was after the–"

"The Cup." Clary utters, a knowing look on her face as she momentarily closes her eyes, trying to take in everything that seemed to be happening at once.

"Izzy, I'll be there as soon as I can." Jace replies, before swiftly hanging up and pocketing the phone. Before, I know it he's off, practically running down the street, desperate to get back to the institute.

I swiftly follow behind, only being cut off short when Clary shouts out to us from behind.

"Stop!" She pleads, coming up to us, a torn expression on her face.

"Valentine attacked my home. Alec's injured. We've gotta go." Jace exasperates, his eyes meeting mine and I sigh, already feeling the struggle of deciding where I would be going next.

"I can't. " Clary mumbles, her face guilty, "You know I can't. Simon's in danger–"

"So what about Alec? It's not safe out here, Clary." Jace explains, frustrated and fidgety, evidently desperate to get back home, to check on his family.

Because realistically, Simon isn't his family, but Alec is.

"Look, I can look after myself, I don't know everything but I know enough" Clary retorts, determined and strong, and I instantly notice Jace thaw and a small almost prideful smile graces his face.

"You're right, you can handle this"

"Cam," Clary states, her eyes lifting to mine and I frown, feeling the lump in my throat. Now I had to decide where I would be going; after my best friend of forever who has just turned into a vampire, or to check on a guy who I could potentially be in love with.