"dadda?" (not smut)

Grayson was sitting in his office, thinking about a unique color scheme for the new Bailey Beauty eye shadow palette. So far the twenty three year old had decided on a white shimmer shade, a light blue shimmer shade, and a periwinkle shade, the last one his best friend Catherine Mcbroom suggested. He wanted the palette to be as pigmented and visually pleasing as possible, but he was stuck on deciding for the rest of the palette. Interrupting his thoughts, Grayson's pierced ears heard little feet waddling against the ground.

"Mama" Grayson's thirteen month old daughter Heather said, waddling into the office.

"Hi baby! How was your nap? Did you sleep well?" Grayson asked the toddler, picking her up and putting her on his lap, which was clad with leggings.

Not understanding her mother's question, the one year old answered with a word that was unrelated to Grayson's question.

"Dadda?" The thirteen month old asked,

"Dadda's at practice" Grayson answered, and if the Giants Wide Receiver wasn't at practice, he was either at the Nike headquarters working on the next sneaker or working on his vitamin and supplement brand called Brand X, he was busy and wealthy afterall.

"Dadda?" Heather asked again,

"Baby, dada's at practice" Grayson repeated.

Heather tried to fight herself out of Grayson's grip, wanting her feet to touch the ground instead of dangling in the air.

"Okay you want me to put you down" Grayson asked, earning a nod from the one year old.

Once Heather felt both of her two small and melanated feet touch the ground, she ran out of the office and began wandering the halls.

"Where are you going?" Grayson asked, getting up to follow the one year old.

The twenty three year old mother did not trust the toddler to be alone, unless she was napping. The last time he felt the toddler alone in her playroom, she waddled all the way from the playroom to Odell's side of the bedroom, taking her crayons with her. From hearing nothing but silence, Grayson immediately rushed into the playroom, panicking once he saw that there was no human being inhabiting the area. He looked throughout the house from Heather's nursery, ending in the master bedroom only to see multicolored scribbles on wall, and a purple crayon in Heather's small brown hand. Unlike Grayson, Odell didn't want to higher someone to paint the scribbles on the walk because the football player thought it was artwork.

"Dadda?" Heather said, looking in every room to see which one Odell was in.

"Heather Grace, Dadda's not here, he's at practice. He went bye bye this morning, remember?"

Of course the one year old didn't remember, she was too busy watching a furry red monster on the screen from her favorite television show: Sesame Street, to notice that her dad was leaving to go to practice.Grayson followed the one year old around the mansion, that Odell pays for, until she stopped at the door. However, the toddler wasn't tall enough to reach the doorknob.

"Dadda!" The one year old kept on repeating while banging her small hands against the door.

"Baby dadda is not here, dadda's at-"

The door to the garage opened, revealing a tall, melanated,  muscular, tattooed, blonde, curly haired, bearded, and sweaty football player, with his workout bag over his shoulder.

"Dadda!" Heather yelled, running over her dad as Odell picked her up.

"I missed you too, sunshine" Odell said, kissing the toddler's cheek while she played with the chains around her neck.

"All day, everyday she's been asking for you" Grayson said,

"My baby said mama first but she's daddy's little princess" Odell said.

Later that night

The thunder crashed throughout the sky, as the jet black night sky now turned into a stormy grey. Flashes of lights filled the room as the lightning bolts painted the window outside. Rain aggressively poured from the sky, forcefully crashing against the ground. All the ruckus woke Odell up and his eyes couldn't shut due to the noise. He didn't even understand how his husband was able to sleep throughout the storm, but he wished to trade places. However, Odell wasn't the only one in the household awoken by the storm. From the nursery, the football player was able to hear little cries of fear.

The football player jumped to his feet and bolted towards the nursery, opening it up to reveal a bawling one year old, whimpering as she clutched her teddy bear and covered her ears.

"Aww baby? Did the storm scare you?" Odell asked, the one year old only responded with a cry, making grabby hands towards Odell.

"It's okay baby, the storm scared me too. Do you wanna sleep in mama and daddy's room?" Odell asked, while rocking the toddler, making the toddler immediately nod.

"Okay let's go" Odell said, carrying his one year old daughter to the bedroom.

Grayson was still fast asleep but Odell laid himself next to him. Heather's cries silenced as she rested against Odell's bare chest, falling asleep to the sound of Odell's heartbeat against her small ear.

"I love you princess" Odell said, while kissing Heather's forehead.

"I love you queen" Odell said, kissing his sleeping husband's cheek before falling asleep to his daughter's breathing.