Chapter 17

Authors Note: Thank you to everyone who has continued to support this book. It means a lot to me. I would like to give a shoutout to two of my supports who are always supporting me every time I post a new chapter. @chickeninmypastlife & @emilyrata20

Thyra:

Silence filled the hallways, but the thoughts from my mind seemed like enough to keep be busy. The thicker layers from my dress stuck to me, as I knew the summer days were approaching us each day.

With each passing day my comfort level rose like a spring flower. I had my moments of insecurity, but I always tried to brush them aside. I can only think about how much strong I could have been mentally if my mother were here to guide me.

The more confident I was in myself the more the people around Kattegat respected me. Even Torvi seemed to smile more as we came into contact. Although I could not help but to think it was for a different cause.

You have the power to change whatever mood I am in. Bjorn strong arms wrapped around my waist as I melted into his embrace. I still could not understand how everything felt so normal with him. As if this was destiny.

Its something youre not telling me. I said unsure of my thoughts.

Are you a mind a mind reader now Thryra?

A smile spread across my face as I noticed It would not take long for him to think something utterly untrue.

I feel a different type of energy. Isn't that something normal that all people deal with Bjorn? I seemed to be asking myself the same question as he was thinking of an answer.

Whenever I tried to be diplomatic with myself it is always a fail, as I dig myself into a deeper hole.

We walked down the long hallway as I found myself once doing before he came along. If there was one thing that I had learned, it was that silent with any man only lead to truth and hurt to be exposed.

Only if he could read my mind, he would know I was dying for him to speak again to cure my curiosity.

War is coming sooner than we expected and Torvi is with child.

His voice was more of a natural pattern than what I expected. War was normal, but a child was irreplaceable.

Thyra, please say something.

I could hear the panic in his voice with each word he spoke. What could I possibly say in this moment? Could any words describe the fear in my mind?

How many men and woman are prepared for battle? I asked. Ashamed of the fact that it was the only sentence I could complete.

My mind ran twice as fast than my body. I could be floating in thin air and would not notice if my life dependent on it.

More than enough, but you should not worry about that.

I should be, and I am. After all you are the one who spoke on the issue. Or was it just an cover up to complex of what you really wanted to speak with me about?

My words flowed with easy, as he examined my every movement. I no longer felt week, or under the spell of any man.

The moon goddess once spoke of the trails I would face in my lifetime, but never once did I imagine that an innocent child who is not a descent from my own womb a cause for concern.

As much as he wanted to be so much different from Ranger he always seemed to follow in his shallow footsteps.

Did that make me a Lagertha? Did he and I yet share a bond that was strong enough to foresee this?

I was a woman stuck in a mans world, and no matter the price or cause their mistakes always seemed to reflect us.

Only if I could pinch myself and awake from this nightmare that insured me of reality.

Thyra, there are no words to express what you may think or feel in this moment.

She was only someone before you. Something I deeply regret each day. If I were able to go back and do it all over again then I would.

This is something I cannot fix, or anything you are to blame. But this child is not something that I can object against to. I have made mistake, and the Gods are sentencing me for my lack of care for my future family with you.

Bjorn moved slightly in front of me. Though I was not short my body could still be unseen over his larger frame.

Currently, I did not feel anger, but more of sadness. The Gods had found a punishment in him and I.

But in due time I could only feel as his could be more of a blessing than anything.

My Lord, which room on the main hall will be suitable for Torvi? Without a look I knew it was Erik who spoke.

I was sure if he were able to see me, he would not have spoken a word but hello.

His eyes showed regret, without saying a word. Although I did not know if that sorrow was for me or the situation.

I knew my heart could not take any more pain in this moment. Before my tears could fall, I quickly disappeared from the spare looks those two glances in between me.

Bjorn never once called out to me, and in that moment I was happy. This moment would change me forever. A forever I was not sure I was ready for.

Authors Note: What do you think about this chapter? I believe we get to see a deeper side of Thyra. Allowing her to express her pain.