Chapter 4

Thryra:

I wish I could express to you more how happy I am to see you Gyda. I wrapped my arms around her as she did the same.

We were both the same height so everything felt normal.

It has been too long Thryra. Or should I call you Princess or Queen she whispered.

Thryra is just fine, I managed to giggle out as I let go.

It feels so unreal to be back in Kattegat. I havent been here since I was a young girl; and everything seems so different.

I hope different means in a good way Gyda said worriedly

My brother hasnt done anything stupid has he? Ill go kill him right now if needed.

Calm down Gyda. I laughed loudly.

I meant everything in a good way. Your brother in kind. Almost to kind. I whispered letting my fear creep back into my body.  

Its only because he is struck by your beauty. As is everyone else. He hasnt seen you since we were children.

I nodded in agreement as we past by the ocean as Bjorn and I once walked passed.

We made our way into the sand as we sat to watch the waves follow back and forth as children played around.

The Gods will be with you both at all times. Im sure of it.

They are already here, I said happily.

What is the great Bjorn Ironside really like Gyda?

She seemed to be taking aback by my question for a moment.

Bjorn is loved by many. Mainly due to his fairness and love for the people here in Kattegat. He reminds people of my father; thats why the follow his path. The way he speaks, listens, are cares make its easier for others to find him enjoyable.

oh was all that made it through my lungs.

Protected by the Gods. He really is the chosen one.

But Bjorn as a tempter when pushed to his limit.

As does every other King. I thought to myself.

As his sister I can sometimes see him as a lost soul. Trying to find his own path. The seer did say the sons or ranger would be better than him.

And what about the daughter of Ranger? I smiled widely?

It remains to be unseen, She said unsure.

Whatever the Gods have in store will be amazing. Im sure of it Gyda.

You will be wonderful for Bjorn; and even more for this family . Its you we have been missing; Gyda said happily.

Queen of Kattegat. Who would have thought? I asked as I looked towards her.

We both fell out with laughter as I hugged her once more.

Im grateful to have one friend at least. 

Likewise, she said slowly.

You know my brother is having a hard time as seeing you as a shieldmaiden. She blurted out.

Why is that? I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Gyda covered her mouth with her hand. 

It wouldnt been the first time someone has underestimated me. I thought to myself.

I was the best back home; although I know Lagertha and Gyda were the best here.

I take a lot of pride in who I am; and wasnt planning on changing for anyone.

Thryra Gyda called out.

Dont think too much of It. He doesnt mean anything by it.

Lady; Princess, someone called from a distance.

I looked up to find a young girl around our age with bright blonde hair running towards us.

Almost to pretty to be a slave.

What is Torvi. Gyda called out.

I come to inform you both that your presents is need back in the house to get ready for the fest tonight.

She gave me a small side-eye, as she looked back towards Gyda.

What is that about? I thought to myself.

Of course, we will be in soon. Make sure everything is prepared correctly for Princess Thryra. I rolled my eyes as she put much expression on Princess.

Hopefully my ladies have been treated well. I thought sadly.

Your room is across form mine tonight until you are moved into the King and Queen hall, or just with Bjorn all together. Gyda said with a laughed as she reached out for my hand to follow.

Tomorrow I will be a married women I thought to myself with fear in my chest.

              ---

Bjorn:

I walked onto the hills over the sea towards my father. Kattegat can be seen even more clearly from here.

My father faced forward towards the sea as the wind blew his fur slowly.

Sit my son. He said clearly.

Another talk  I thought to myself.

He looked me over as I sat next to him.

How is she? He asked as his eyes searched for any lies  in what I would say next.

Amazing. I said slowly as I took time to think about the short time I spent with her.

He nodded slowly. She reminds me of your mother. Your mother and her mother were wonderfully friends when you two were children.

It broke your mother so much when we learned of her entering Vallaha.

I dont remember that. I said truthfully.

Your mother is a strong woman. Its much you and your sister didnt see.

I only nodded.

Thyra is strong like your mother in some ways. Focused like her mother. Strongminded like her father.

You can either turn that into your empire of destroy it with foolish ways.

Do you understand what I mean Bjorn?

Yes father. She will be the person who makes me stronger or I can be someone who makes her weaker and destroy whats around me.

He only nodded.

Look around what do you see?

Power I said slowly.

Remember power is dangerous if you abuse it ; and those we care for dearly can be gone forever.

Look down below the water my son.

I looked down as I say Thyra, Gyda, and Torvi standing above them.

That is dangerous my son. Dont make the same mistakes as I.

I took a deep breath as I knew what he was talking about.

Torvi and I.