Chapter 16

Authors Note: I find this so funny because normally it takes me a while to update my stories and I usually have to go back to my last chapter to refresh my mind and I be like I cant believe I wrote that. Lol. Anyways enjoy this chapter and thank you for almost 1k reads.

Bjorn:

The sun rose above the trees as I pulled my sward forward against my opponent. This warrior was younger and I could tell he was holding back against me.

Push yourself, give me all you have. I demand it or I will kill you were you stand. My voice was harsh, as his eyes widened more.

I would do it, and everyone else around me knew I would. No man or woman walking among my army would be weak.

My sward cut against his arm as blood leak out. His eyes never once left mine as he pushed back harder.

A smirk planted against my face for a moment as I knew I had awoke the beast in him..

He was quicker on his feet as he watched my every move. This almost felt like a death battle until my foot tripped underneath his as he landed onto the ground.

I held my sword against his throat, You focus too much on my movement instead of winning the battle. The longer you fight the deadly it becomes for you.

Trust me, I like you. What is your name? I asked as I pulled myself away from him.

Ovir. He said proudly.

Ill remember that.

I hope I am not speaking to openly, Erik said as he appeared on the right side of me as I walked.

When do you not Erick? I asked.

Go ahead, I added.

That was extremely dangers to go into one on one combat like that, not that Im saying you can not handle yourself but you are our leader.

You worry too much I must go have breakfast with my family. Thyra popped into my head, as I remember the events from the night before.

Bjorn I must speak with you, Torvi said as she appeared on the left side of me.

Its alright Erick as I cut him off before he could address Torvi for not addressing me correctly.

It has to wait Torvi, Im sure everyone is waiting for me. Why arent you inside anyway?

I know, but its important. She said in a lower tone almost in destress.

Part of me wanted to believe it was an act to pull me away for a moment.

It just has to wait Torvi!

Im with child She said slowly as the door for the great hall were open.

My face was puzzled as Erick bumped me as everyone watched.

Either he was stronger at holding his face expression together or he did not hear what she had dropped onto me.

Torvi, please stand in your place. My mother called out.

Bjorn thank you for keeping us all waiting, again.

I did not speak only took my place at the head of the table. Im not sure if my face was held up well enough.

My lips found Thryra before I took a seat next to her.

Her shyness still showed greatly in front of others.

Well we can actually be expecting grandchildren soon. My mother said as I chocked on my water.

For weeks I had been blinded by the happiness that I expected my myself to feel throughout a long life with Thyra, and now with a few spoken words that could all be thrown away.

However, I was not expecting my first born child to be carried by an old mistress of mine.

Shame fell upon me as I slowly reminded myself of my father who I so discreetly wanted to be different than.

Are you alright Bjorn? Thyra asked.

He sweet voice was enough to make my heart jump. All eyes fell among her as she watched me with worried eyes.

Her voice booming over the dinning area was a much needed surprise for those around us. They started to chatter among themselves, although some would be dropping a ear low to hear our conversation.

I felt hotter than it actually was although the spring days would be peaking through soon.

Everything is alright. Nothing to worry about. I said with a smile. Her eyes scared my face as she nodded before counting to hold small talk with others.

Sir, please forgive me for my outburst but you are needed in the war room. My first command of battle said as he entered the hall.

I took a deep breathe, as I slowly let it out.

Why? I asked.

The battle is expected to take place sooner than we think. Ive heard from my lookout spys. They are planning to attack us on our homeland in 1 week.

I jumped to my feet as I studied his words more.

Arivd will be here with his army in one week sir. He repeated again.