Chapter 12

Authors Note: Thank you to everyone for allowing me to have over 400 reads. Its amazing! Today is a wonderful dat for me as I have officially graduate from North Carolina Central University. Look at one of my graduation pictures below! Now on to the chapter. (5/9/2020) ! This chapter wasnt edited but it will be soon. Also thank you all so much for over 400 reads. I'll make the next chapter longer.

Bjorn:

King! King! You must come quickly. A distanced voice shouted through the hallway.

My bedroom chamber door flew open as Erick stood before me.

I jumped to my feet, as Erick stood with a worried look on his face.

What is it? What is going on Erick? I said in a demanding tone. Erick lowered his head.

My Lord, we are under attack on the west wing of the village.

Screams filled my ears before I had a chance to respond.

Thryra sat up in the bed as the screams grew louder.

Whats going on? She asked confused.

We are under attack. I said coldly.

Who would be hebetudinous enough to attack me? I thought to myself.

Then why are we still standing in this room? We must go; Thryra said as she stepped out the bed.

Erick turned around as Thryra body was now exposed.

It would be best if you would put something on first. My smile was wide as she looked down. Her eyes grew wider, as she rushed into the closet.

Brother! Gyda rushed in. We must go now. Where is Thryra? Her eyes wandered around looking for even evidence of her.

Im here. Thryra yelled as she came out.

I want you to take her with you and go below the castle with the other women and children, I ordered looking in between both of them.

My Sword Erick.

No. The both yelled together.

This is not up for debate. I will not allow my wife or sister to exposed. Only the Gods will know if my mother is not out there.

We are coming! Thryra said loudly.

I dont have time for this. Do as I say please.

Could this be our first argument? About someone breaching our Kingdom.

Just because you all are men doesnt mean you will have the honor of fighting for us each time.

Its no need for us to be fighting about this. The sooner you let this go the sooner we can be saving our people.

Stand around if you like. We will be waiting. She grabbed Gyda hand as they walked towards the door leaving Erick and I.

It was I who had been blind all along. She was amazing like no other.

Shall we? Erick spoke with a grin.

Wipe that smile off of your face Erick.

Yes, my Lord. He spoke .

How were our walls breached? I asked angrily. This is unaccepted. Who would dare defined me and my people.

Arivd . Erick almost whispered. His army of men attacked during guard change my Lord.

He knows our shift changed? I roared. My paste quicken as the sound of bodies dropping outside of the place gate.

Of course he wouldnt be smart enough to attack straight on.

Bjorn! Where are you hiding. What type of King allows his family to fight alone. Gunnar spoke loudly.

I shall have your sister after I cut your head off. Kill your brothers and father as you watch.

Blood heated throughout my body, as I step outside the Kingdoms gate into the village.

My eyes warrened around as men and women fought along side each other. Fighting for their home.

Numbers were against us as we werent prepared.

Beats from my heart grew louder as my eyes found Thyra next to Gyda fighting. Men surrounding them as they held their backs against each other. Swords in one hand and shields in the others.

Thyra eyes focused on the enemy never letting them get a inch closer behind her sword.

I truly understatement her. I thought to myself.

Foolish of me. I didnt like the thought of my wife, mother, or sister fighting battles. The women in my life were headstrong without a second thought.

Stay down I heard Thyra yell. Gyda lost her balance causing her to fall down as a man stood over her. Thyra swung her sward towards the man as his head fell off his shoulder.

Get up Gyda she said. Facing her head back towards others who were running in their direction.

Enough. I roared. Everyone stopped in instanced as my voice demanded attention.

He is here at last. Gunner said with a smirk.

Authors Note: I know this update is long overdue. Im sorry! This chapter wasnt edited but it will be soon. Another charter was welcomed into the story. He doesnt seem like a friend.