Chapter 5

I hope you are still enjoying this story as you read it. Please feel free to leave me a comment and like to better help me.

Thryra:

Princess Princess! I heard someone calling.

Yes, Frigg?

Are you alright? Should I call someone? She asked in a concerned tone.

No need, Frigg. Im fine. Just lost in thought thats all.

She only nodded as she ran her fingers through my hair.

I looked towards Gunhild, as she pulled jewelry from a box.

Not too much jewelry tonight Gunhild I said.

Only my mothers necklace tonight will be enough.

Yes, my Lady.

If I may ask? Frigg said from behind me.

I only nodded as I wanted for her to continue.

Are you not happy?

I let out a small chuckle.

Im afraid this has nothing to do with my happiness. This is more of a partnership. Most marriages are in the world we live in.

Im only nervous thats all.

Nervous to fall in love? Or nervous of something else.

You have many questions tonight Gunhild.

Sorry, My lady if I speak to openly.

No, its alright. Frigg and you have been like sisters or mothers in someway to me after my mother.

I speak to you both freely.

Im sure the love that you may not be trying to let in is already there. Grigg said spuriously.

I see the way he looks at you. Dont hide away too much of yourself, she whispered as she placed the neckless around my neck.

I only dont want to let my family down. Including the new ones I will gain.

My feet rose at once as I looked myself at myself reflection in the glass door.

My fair skin glowed from the redness on my dress, as my hair flowed down my back. My mothers neckless were full of black stones into a heart.

OUT! I heard someone shout from the door. My heart jumped as my father looked towards me.

I didnt dare to move only looking at him through the glass reflection.

Frigg gave me a remorseful look as she shut the door.

Im happily giving you away tomorrow. I cant stand to look at you once more.

Pain ran through my heart as he spoke. I knew I reminded him of her. But the pain I felt still didnt make it any better.

My father avoided me at all cost; unless he needed to relieve stress.

A waive of pain came across my face as his hand left it.

Did you hear what I said. He asked once more.

Yes, I said slowly as I held my face.

He stormed out as a tear fell from my face. Not because of the pain, but because of the love I wanted from my father.

May I see your face; Frigg asked softly.

I removed my hand as she placed something cold onto my face.

Dont keep allowing him to treat you this way. You could easily stop him, if you wanted.

I didnt speak as she placed foundation onto my face to cover the mark.

Are you ready to leave Princess? Frigg asked.

I only nodded as she placed fur around my back.

The walk over towards the great hall was silent.

Until my eyes met his

Bjorn:

What if she doesnt come? I asked my mother wordily, as I took a sip of ale.

Why wouldnt she come? Besides, we just arrived ourselves; my mother laughed.

I blew out in frustration as I looked across the room. Everyone happily to be celebrating the arrive of Thryra and wanting to know where we would be raiding in a few weeks time.

As more people arrived, the more it had worried me that she wouldnt come.

I caught Torvi eyes across the room as she looked towards me sadly. Reminding me that I havent got the chance to speak to her yet.

Right now wasnt the time; I thought to myself as I turned my head.

Tomorrow I would be married, and I only want to get to know her better.

She was like a closed door jammed.

Cheers and happiness broke me from my thoughts as she walked through the door with a smile.

People welcomed her with kindness.

Ubba offered to take her fur as she allowed him. Why did my wife have to be my brothers first crush.

Did I just say my wife?

Her beauty was unexamplable.

He two ladies stood behind her as if they would sacfrice their life for her.

My father took her by her hand as he flashed a smile her way, which caused me to roll my eyes. Lagertha laughed as she looked my way.

Her father seemed unfazed by her arrival as he turned his cup up once more; his attention occupied as a woman walked pass.

I looked at her once more as she smiled at each person who welcomed her.

Ah, Bjorn is truly favored by the Gods; Floki said from a distanced. Im Floki

Helga, pushed against him as she let out a hint of Jealously.

As am I he said softly. This is Helga My wife.

Its nice to meet you both; Thryra said

Her eyes caught mine as I kept my glaze with hers.

She looked away when my mother wrapped her arms into hers.

I stood up slowly preparing myself to walk over.

Dinner is ready! A server called out.

Another time I thought as I walked back towards my seat.

My family met me at the table, as other royal member sat at lower tables.

My mother still locked arm and arm with Thryra walked my way. I stood once more ready to greet them.

Its wonderful to finally see you again Bjorn, Thryra said as she faced me.

I hope you can forgive me for my absent today. It was very rude of me. .

Only if youre willing to make it up to me She said with a wink.

Of course. I said happily.

She sat next to I as my mother sat on the opposite side.

I looked around the table as all eyes were fixed on us.

Gyda, smiled widely as Thryra greeted her.

My brothers next to Gyda as they looked down at Thryra. Aslaug showing little excitement.

My father across seated next to my mother on the right and King Henry on his left. Floki engaged in deep conversation with Helga at the end of the table.

Only two seats remind for my Uncle Rollo and Siggy as they decided not to showed up.

The night was young but it would be long.