7.

-Katerina POV-
Anada entered the kitchen in time to see me standing in front of the counter making two cups of tea, although I was more in the mood for a cold shower than a hot cup of tea. But I couldn't show any suspicious action. "Hey how was your night, did you enjoy your birthday?" She asked.

"Of course, it was great, one of the best for sure, thank you for helping to plan it," I embraced her in a hug, it really did mean a lot to me.

"No problem, hey what's this?" she examined the box of cookies. Damn it. I completely forgot to hide it.

"Oh just cookies, you know the ones I like," I laughed trying not to sound anxious.

"Really, did Alexis bring them?" She said as she reached to lift the box probably to take it to the table. Knowing the note was under the box I quickly grabbed it from her, "these don't taste very good, I think he got a bad batch, I'm just going to throw them away."

She looked at me weirdly through squinted eyes, "Katerina, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, what do you mean?" I asked as the kettle went off. I opened the top and lifted it off the stove to pour into the cups. Anada must have lifted the box and found the note because she said, "oh my god, Kat."

I slowly turned around to see her smiling at the paper. She started screaming and jumping and I laughed at how absurd she looked. "Anada it's not a marriage proposal, calm down."

"No, maybe not BUT this is what I mean, Kat! Look this proves it, he's not what you think, he's not like Damon, he cares about you, I can tell," She said. Just by the sound of his name, my face fell. I turned away and looked down and finished making the tea, I always told myself I was over being hurt by him, but it was a lie.

"Babe, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought him up. Let's not talk about it, how about we watch a movie?" She rubbed my back and engulfed me in a side hug as I began to sob on her shoulder. Damon was my ex, he was the reason I'm no longer interested in a relationship. He broke me into a million pieces. At first we were great, a happy couple really. But slowly, after a couple of times having sex, It became all he wanted. He would only call when he wanted to hook up. When I tried to talk to him about it, he yelled at me and sometimes even hit me. Anada helped me out of the relationship and the day she accompanied me to get my belongings from his place, we walked in on him fucking another girl. He even tried to tell me it wasn't what it looked like. He was my first real love, everyone before him Id just gone on petty dates with, but he was my first serious relationship and it ended in tragedy. After that I lost trust. Who could blame me?

Anada soothed me, and we sat through a few movies. Anada always knew how to get my mind off of things and I was thankful I had her.
When it was near 8, she stood up, "I have to go get ready!"

I stared at her confused, "for what exactly?"
"I may have a date tonight," she whispered excitedly. I shot up from the couch and started screaming, "RAFINHA AND ANADA SITTING IN A TREE K I S S I N G, ANADA LETS GO GET YOU READY!" She giggled and blushed while following me up the stairs to my room.
While I helped her get ready she told me that last night she and Rafinha didn't have sex, they simply talked the whole night getting to know each other. I was amazed at the type of guy Rafinha was, it was guys like him who gave me hope. The type that truly cared for their significant other.

When I was done with Anada, she looked stunning. I did her hair in a loose low bun and did neutral makeup. She wore a Forrest green dress that was made of thick embroidered fabric with silver heels. I was so proud of my master piece and had just taken a picture of her when the doorbell rang. I ran to get the door and there stood Rafinha.

"Hello Katerina, Is Anada ready?"

"She'll be right down, you look quite handsome tonight i must say," I complemented.

He let out a nervous laugh, "I hope she thinks so," it was adorable to see him nervous, he really liked Anada.

"ANADA, LOVER BOY IS HERE LETS GET A MOVE ON, I DONT WANT TO DIE BY THIS DOOR," I called up the stairs before turning to smile innocently at Rafinha, "she'll be right down."

Anada came a minute later, she strolled down the stairs and made eye contact with Rafinha. I wish I had caught this all on camera, it was priceless, inside I was screaming with joy. Rafinha looked speechless, finally he managed to choke something out, "Wow, Anada, you- you look gorgeous."

She blushed, walked up to him and straightened his tie, "you're looking pretty fine yourself."

"Okay you two, enjoy yourselves! Rafinha I want her home no later than 1am, no funny business!" I said jokingly, Anada rolled her eyes as they both laughed and Rafinha grabbed her hand and led her to his car, opening the door. I watched them drive off until they were out of sight then I locked the door.

Home alone at last. I sighed and checked my phone, a text from my mom popped up, 'Alexis, José, and I are at Santiago Grande for dinner, you can join if you feel better?' Im all honesty I wasn't feeling like going out so I texted that I was going to take a night in. My mom replied with wishes for a good night.

I went upstairs to go take a shower, clearing my head of the day's events. When I finished, I dressed in a pair of pink silk pajama pants with a grey cotton tank top. I combed out my hair and let it hang down to my waist. I called to order pizza and brought my laptop down to the living room to set up base.

After about 15 minutes the doorbell rang, finally my pizza! I got up with money to open it, only to see two hazel eyes stare into mine.

A/N: the picture is of Rafinha, for anyone who doesn't know who he is. #12 on FC Barcelona.