Chapter 13

| Soldiers |

I wave to everyone before I walk out of the rebel town.

"I'm so excited!" Taehyung says cheerfully.

I chuckle. We walk carefree down the path that will take us to the capital. I have a sword hidden within my clothes so I'm not worried.

Taehyung is the only one with me right now. He's the one who knows where we are going like the palm of his hand.

"You know!" Tae starts talking. "The people in those towns are so nice!" He flashes me his perfect boxy-smile.

I sigh relieved. "I'm glad... I don't have too much time to waste..."

I move my rice hat around to put it correctly, with all this walking my rice hat is moving around a bit.

Taehyung looks at me curiously. "Who made that rice hat? It looks nice. I had never seen one like that."

I smile proudly. "My mother."

"Woah! She's good."

I smile melancholic. I want to end this and be able to be with her again... the day I see her again will be the day I succeed in my life goal.

I look around. The trees are the same type the entire time, the rest of the plants don't change that much either...

I stop on my tracks. Taehyung looks at me confused.

"Is everything alright Hyung?"

I burst into laughter. "We have been walking in circles."

His eyes widened. "WHAT?!" He looks around. "No way..."

"Okay, okay." I walk to the side. "To prove my theory." I take a stick from aside and then I make an X on the dirt. "If we see this again, you know what that means."

We continue to walk forward as we were. Taehyung pays more attention to his environment while I already know what will happen in a couple of minutes.

I look down to the floor just to find the X I made.

"Yep..." Taehyung trails off. "We have been walking in circles." He facepalms.

I take a couple of minutes to think about what we should do. If we have been walking in circles, I don't know how to go back to the camp... we are about half an hour away.

"We should walk away from the path," Taehyung proposes.

I nod. "Yes." I smile. "You are so smart."

He smiles from ear to ear.

We walk to our right. We go through the trees not knowing exactly where this is going to take us.

The forest is kind of dark because of its density. The trees are abundant in this part of the country... close to the capital most of the trees have been cut for multiple purposes.

Interesting.

As I get lost in my thoughts, I hear Taehyung gasp. I look at him confused.

He is pale all of a sudden... he silently points in front of him. I follow with my gaze where he is pointing. I get frozen in my spot as I see a camp... a royal guard camp...

THIS IS BAD.

I put my arm in front of Taehyung in a protective way. We both start walking backward as silently as possible to get out of there.

When we can see the path we were following again, both of us stop to look around carefully.

The only thing I can hear is the current of a river. I don't hear any crowd walking.