Chapter 8

| Palace |

There were still many hours to go before the sunrise but the people were already starting to go to the palace to protest.

I looked at Jin one more time before we left our hiding. Everyone was already getting in their positions.

Taehyung, Jungkook, Jingyoung, and Jackson were already making their way to the palace with the town. Seoyeon, Jin, and I are going to stay behind a couple of meters from the crowd for a couple of minutes while we wait to get inside.

I know I won't be able to get closer to Min-Ki this time as he will be hiding who knows where, but I'm going to make sure he knows of my arrival and that he's not safe anymore.

Seoyeon is going to steal all the weapons she can with her gang helping her; Jin is going to search for some important documents while I go to the great hall where I will leave a message for him.

We hide in an alley once we can see the crowd. They are all standing or sitting there, in front of the palace's entrance.

Some guards are quick to react to the crowd while others don't bother on moving. All of them are watching the crowd carefully though...

At this time of the day, the butchers work as executioners for the palace. I see familiar faces from the market look at the crowd confused as well.

I guess not everyone knew about this...

I start to scan the zone. There are a lot of guards starting to come around, they are making sure to not let anyone infiltrate.

Here's when we will use Jin.

As in queue, Jin gets out of the alley wearing his best clothes to establish his rank. Everyone looks at him narrowing their eyes but no one attacks him. I sigh relieved when the guards let Jin in without saying anything.

Seoyeon and I have to wait until Taehyung and the rest make their move.

We move to another alley that's far from the principal entrance.

After a couple of minutes, I see Jungkook grinning as he holds a big drum. Taehyung hits it multiple times to call the attention of the guards.

"Hey!" I hear someone call.

Jungkook and Taehyung start to run away laughing, many guards go behind them.

Seoyeon and I turn to look at each other a couple of seconds before we sprint towards the fence. 

Jackson and Jingyoung have already distracted the rest of the guards in this zone.

I put my hands next to my knee to help Seoyeon go up. She puts her foot on my hand and then I push her up. She successfully climbs to the other side. I jump as high as I can, I extend my hand so I can grab the end of the wall. With all my strength I push myself up.

I sigh once I'm on the other side... in the palace.

Seoyeon is already gone and I'm glad for that. I see a couple of people jumping the fence as well, all of them are here to help Seoyeon. 

They all give me their thumbs up before they run away.

I quickly go to the warehouse where everything I need will be. 

My heart races faster... being at the palace feels so good... it's been so long since I saw the gardens. Everything brings me memories.

I run into a random warehouse hoping the paint will be in here. It doesn't take me long to find it. I take a bucket full of red paint and I take a brush.