One More Month

A/N- Hey guys!! Sorry for the wait! Massive writers block but I hope this makes up for it!! It's nothing but Austin and Brookelle so lemme know what you think! VOTE AND COMMENT! :D I'll pick a random person and dedicate the next chapter to them if you're comment is cool! lol love you guys! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------

1 MONTH LATER.

Austin’s P.O.V.

          One more month. There’s one more month until I get to hold my baby boy in my arms. I often wonder who Mason will look like more, Brookelle or myself. I hope he gets Brookelle’s eyes. I love her emerald green ones way more than my plain hazel eyes although she used to compliment me all the time and in return, I would place a feathery kiss on the tip of her nose and say thank you anyway because I knew how much she hated arguing with me about simple things like that.

          I sighed and looked straight to my right, staring out of the window as the sky began to grow slightly grey with rainclouds. It was always raining here but sometimes I didn’t mind. Sometimes it was very calming, and it helped me sleep at night. It drowned out the silence.

          A soft meow came from below me at my feet. I leaned forward from my position on the couch just to find Anthony staring up at me, eyes as round as could be. You know the face that Puss in Boots does when he’s trying to act innocent? Yeah, that’s what Anthony looked like. I chuckled softly and picked him up, setting him in my lap gently. He hardly ever comes out so I took this opportunity to say hi. He curled up on my lap and began purring for the whole neighborhood to hear.

          As soon as he got comfortable, there was a knock on my door. It was almost five o’clock on a Sunday night and I wasn’t expecting anyone. For all I know it could be a murderer on the other side of the door just trying to act friendly. I heaved myself off the couch, much to Anthony’s dislike and trudged toward the door, stretching my arms out on the way over there, making a little dinosaur noise.

          I threw open the door and saw Brookelle standing there with a big plate in her hands filled with brownies, saran wrap covering them. I looked up at her and saw her wide smile grow all the way to her ears.

          “Got any ice cream?” she asked.

          A laugh burst through my lips and I stuffed my hands in my pockets. “When don’t I?” I turned the question on her, making her laugh, her eyes shining. “Come in.”

          She smiled and stepped inside. Her stomach was shaped like a giant balloon but it only made me smile at the thought of not having to wait much longer. I shut the door and followed her into the kitchen.

          Romo pranced around the corner and meowed, rubbing his head against her ankle. She looked down and giggled. Romo was always nice to her even though he hated me. I didn’t mind though, as long as he was nice to her.

          “Hi Romo! Sorry, I can’t really pet you right now.” she turned her lips to the side, eyebrows scrunched forward.

          I picked him up and held him so Brooke could pet him. Her eyes lit up as she ran her fingers through his white fur. After a minute I set him back down and he went trotting off to the window in the living room.

          “Please tell me those are homemade. You know I love the ones you make!” I said, breaking the silence.

          She laughed, “Of course they are! I haven’t made them in forever but I figured since the weather is crappy and Zach said you weren’t doing anything, that I thought I would make them and stop by.” She looked up shyly at me through her long eyelashes.

          A strand of her curly hair fell in front of her face, covering her eyes. I swallowed, carefully reaching out to brush it back behind her ear. A light pink color sprinkled across her cheeks. I gave her a lopsided smile and backed away before I did anything else.

          “I’ll get the ice cream.”

          I retreated to the fridge and pulled out both chocolate and vanilla ice cream, setting them on the counter. “Which one do you want?” I asked her.

          She bit her bottom lip, focusing on the ice cream tubs in front of her as if her life depended on it. She looked up at me and smiled.

          “Both.” We said at the same time, causing our laughter to fill the room.

          She got the plates and bowls out of the cabinet and set them on the counter. I filled the bowls with both types of ice cream while she piled about three brownies on each of the plates. Around here, we eat healthy.

          We took our bowls and plates into the living room and plopped down on the couch. We sat there in a peaceful silence, savoring our ice cream and precious brownies. I wasn’t kidding when I said I loved her brownies, she makes the best kind. I haven’t eaten one since she left. But I wasn’t going to let myself think about that.

          Instead I said, “Wanna watch a movie?”

          “Yes!” Her eyes grew wide with excitement.

          I chuckled at her, putting my things on the coffee table and moving to my movie shelf. “Which one?”

          “Can we watch the Notebook?” she bit her lip, silently pleading, knowing full well that I couldn’t resist when she did that.

          I sighed dramatically before pulling it out. “You’re lucky you’re pregnant and that I still have this.” I threw her a wink.

          She rolled her eyes at me. “Whatever, Mahone.”

          “Be that way, Redfern.” I laughed, joining her on the couch once again.

          We continued eating as the beginning credits rolled on and throughout the movie, we managed to finish off the while plate of brownies and just about a full tub of ice cream.

          “Why am I eating so much?” I groaned.

          “Maybe you’re the pregnant one.” she said with a straight face.

          I didn’t even bother to suppress a laugh, which caused her to jump right in, laughing alongside me. I moved closer to her and gently  placed my arm over her shoulder. She tensed up a little but eventually relaxed. I admit, I got so into the movie that I didn’t even realize that she had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder. I reached around her and grabbed the blanket, draping it over both of us.

          I shut the TV off and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. “Goodnight beautiful.”

          And if I’m not mistaken, I saw the faintest smile grow on her lips.