Chapter 7

Annie's POV
I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I roll out of bed and walk to my closet. I pull out and outfit. I do my hair and makeup and then slip it on.

I still can't get what happened out of my mind

I still can't get what happened out of my mind. I walk downstairs. But Austin still isn't back. I see Hayden walk out of the kitchen. "You stayed?" He nods his head.

He walks and grabs his keys. "Wait how will I get to school?" He looks at me. "I'll take you" I nod and follow him out. We get into his car. The air fills with silence.

After a very awkward drive we get to school. I quickly get out of his car and head straight for my locker. I grab my books and close it.

It's finally cheer practice I walk out onto the field but Jayden isn't here yet only Hayden is? I sit down in the bleachers. I see him walk over to me.

"Hi..." I say softly. "Hey" he says as he sits next to me. I glance to my side and back to the field. I tense up when he is next to me. "Why are you so tense?" I look at him and shrug. "You wouldn't understand..."

"Try me" I look at him. "It's just—" I'm soon interrupted by Bella. I sigh. Great the bratty bitch of the school is here. I rolls my eyes as she sits in Hayden's lap.

I stand up and walk over to Johnny. "Have you seen Austin?" He looks at me and shakes his head. I'm starting to get worried. I walk over to Bella.

"Umm...Bella?" I look at her anxious. "What? I'm busy!" I gulp. "C-can I take this practice off. I have to go deal with some f-family stuff" I look from her to Hayden. "Fine! But only this once."

I quickly run off. I run to my locker and stumble while I put my code into my locker with shakey hands. I grab my phone and unlock it.

I tap Austin's contact. I put it up to my ear as it starts to ring. But it goes to voicemail. "Hey Austin it's me. Umm I'm getting worried. Where are you? Call me back. Ok? Bye..." I hang up.

I slide down my locker. I bring my knees up to my chin as I put my head in my hands. I feel tears slip from my eyes as the memories of what happened to Mam and Hayley replay in my mind.

I soon hear someone sit beside. I look up at them. "Do you want me to take you home?" I nod. He helps me up and we walk out to his car.

"Will Bella not be mad?" He looks at me and chuckles. "I don't care she doesn't control me" I nod my head as I wipe my tears away. He pulls out of the school.

We get home and I turn to Hayden. "Can you stay with me?" He nods his head as I show him a small smile. We walk in as he sits on the couch I go upstairs to change.

I walk down and sit beside him

I walk down and sit beside him. "What's wrong?" I look at him and take a deep breath. "I'm scared something happened to Austin. I can't loose him too..." he nods and quickly changes the subject.

"So...do you have a boyfriend?" I look at him and shake my head. "I've never had a boyfriend or my first kiss either...." I look down. "Oh... wait how?"

I shrug. "I haven't found the right one yet. I guess. I don't want my first to mean nothing. I want it to be special." I look at him. "Oh...I guess I can get that." I show him a smile.