Chapter 6

Annie's POV
After a while I finished my homework and my phone had just died so there's wasn't much else I could do. The boys would be taking a break soon. I watch them play.

I walk down and sit down at the bottom of the bleachers. The team walks over to me as Austin goes and gets them more water. "So how are we?" Johnny asks as I raise my eyebrow. "Good? How am I supposed to know" I shrug.

Carson looks at me "did we at least look hot while playing?" I laugh to myself. "Sure...most of yous did" I laugh as his facial expression changes. "Wait what?" I continue laughing when Austin walked out.

Ok one last hour of practice after this. Hayden looks at me "you should play this round" I look at him. "No I'm good where I am." He practically pulls me off the bench.

"Great you'll be on Johnny's team. Come on I'll show you where to stand." He takes my arm and walks me to centre of the pitch. He stands in front of me as the rest of team get into their positions.

We start. Hayden gets the ball. I runned after him and snatch it from his hands. I throw it to Johnny. But Hayden catches it. I run and snatch it off him and run down his side of the pitch.

I throw the ball on the ground. I soon feel some one fall on top of me. I look into his eyes. I was lost for words. It felt like no one was there except for us.

He hovers over my body as he keeps himself up by his elbows. "I'm... sorry. I didn't realise you threw the ball down already." I couldn't find any words. "I-" Johnny interrupts us. "Are you ok?"

I look away from Hayden and to Johnny. I nod my head. Hayden lifts me up as he gets up. I brush myself off. I walk back over to Austin. "Can we go home?" He looks at me.

"Umm I can't take you home..." I look at confused. "Why?" I say keeping my eyes on him. "It's just something I have to do. Hayden will take you home though" I swallow hard.

I don't want to be in the house by myself this late. What if something happens to me. What if someone tries to break in. Fear fills my eyes. I'm snapped out of my thoughts. "I'll get him stay with you I know you will be scared" I nod my head at Austin.

After a car drive home we get to my house. He locks his car as we walk up to my door. I unlock it and switch the lights on. I go up to my room. I walk over to my drawer and pull out a pair of pyjamas. I slip them on and take off my make up.

I go downstairs to see Hayden in his phone

I go downstairs to see Hayden in his phone. I shouldn't disturb him. I turn on my heel and walk back upstairs. I go under my covers and turn on Netflix. I start watching Friends.

After a few episodes I drift off to sleep. Austin's hasn't came back home yet. Nothing but worries of what could have happened to him fill my mind.

I can't loose him too. What if he is hurt. All these what if questions surround my thoughts. I try to think of something else but the only other thing I can think of is the "moment" I shared with Hayden.