Chapter 8 - Jealousy is a Dangerous Thing

Start from the beginning

"Danny, yeah. We bumped into each other in New York. Talked for a bit but that was it."

The two kept conversing while Taylor stayed their looking at them, feeling invisible. She was annoyed that the guy didn't even acknowledge that she was there, more annoyed that Laura hadn't introduced her yet. She decided to take matters into her own hands by clearing her throat, quite loudly.

The guy looked at her and Laura seemed to suddenly remember that she was there.

"Oh! Right! This is Taylor, my... uh," she paused for a bit, "... my friend. We work together in this show, I don't know if you've seen it."

"Of course, of course! Taylor Schilling, right?"

Taylor nodded, not impressed that whoever this guy was knew her.

"Piper Chapman." He pointed at Taylor. "And, Alex Vause," at Laura this time. "Of course, I've seen that show. Who hasn't? You're both really good. It's a great show."

"Wow, thanks!" Laura was smiling so widely that Taylor wanted to smack her in the face.

"Yeah," Christopher just kept staring at Laura. "Anyways, I better get going. I have this thing I need to catch. Can I call you, though? Do you still have the same number?"

"I do! Yes, of course, you can call me. It was great seeing you again," She hugged him once more before he left. "Wow, I can't bel-"

She was about to talk to Taylor but when she looked where she was supposed to be standing, she wasn't there anymore. "Taylor?" She looked around and saw Taylor walking away from her. "Hey, wait up!" When she caught up to her, she grabbed her arm. "Hey, are we in a hurry or something?"

"No." Taylor kept walking without looking at Laura.

"Then why the rush?"

"Do you have your phone with you?"

"No. Why?"

"Then we better hurry, coz Chris might call you. You don't wanna miss that." Taylor fake smiled.

"What do you mean-" That's when Laura figured it out. "Ohhhhhh, I get it, your jeal-"

But Taylor walked away again.

Laura chuckled, finding Taylor too adorable. Their relationship felt more real than ever. Taylor was actually jealous.

She was about to follow her when two ladies, probably in their early 20's approached her.

"H-hi!" said the one with the blonde hair, somehow nervously. "Uhm, we are such big fans! May we ask for an autograph??"

"Uhh," she looked around to see if Taylor was there but she couldn't see her. As much as she wanted to get away from there to look for her girlfriend, Laura couldn't just ignore these fans. "Sure!" She smiled. They gave her a pen and paper, surprised that they had those with them inside the groceries.

"Thank you so much!" said the other one. She had black hair. "Uhm, I hope this isn't too much to ask but can we ask for a photo, too?"

"No problem! Let me get that," Laura took her phone and took a 'selfie' of the three of them. She tried looking for Taylor again, but she couldn't see her anymore.

"Thank you, you look really gorgeous," said the blonde one. "This is my girlfriend, by the way. She dyed her hair black so we can be just like Alex and Piper."