Chapter 34 - When Blue Meets Green

Taylor held Laura's body and kept her head from falling to her side as she laid her down on her couch. She was still chuckling as she went inside her room to get some pillows and blanket for Laura. As much as she didn't want her to sleep on her couch, she had a much thinner frame than Laura and she couldn't possibly carry her to her room. She also didn't want to wake her up just to get her to go back to sleep again. It always annoyed her when someone did that to her.

When she was convinced that Laura was already comfortable, she took her time to look at how adorable she looked. She looked so peaceful, with her lips pulled up very slightly in what looked like a smile and her steady breathing. She sat at the space left on Laura's side and caressed her face. It had been so long since she'd last touched her this way and it made her realize just how much she missed her. And her heart longed that Laura also felt the same.

She was having the urge to wrap her arms around Laura, she wanted to feel her body so close to hers again. Then she suddenly felt hotness surge towards her just thinking of what it felt like to have their bodies passionately pressed against each other. She inhaled deeply knowing it might never happen again. And as painful as it was, she pushed that thought deep, deep, way deep in her mind, hoping it would stay there and not bug her again for the rest of the night.

Averting her thoughts to something else, she wondered what Laura was doing at her place... what she wanted to tell her. She wanted to know but that could wait. Right now, she was contented just staring at her for a while.

-o-o-o-

Laura opened her eyes but immediately shut them off as she was blinded by the sunlight streaming through the windows. She kept her eyes closed and let her head wrap around her dream last night. She dreamt that she went to Taylor's and told her everything she wanted to tell her. She tried remembering how Taylor reacted in her dream, but she couldn't. She breathed deeply hoping it was good, and that it would be the same thing for real.

"So, are you already up, or that deep sigh is just part of a dream or something?"

The familiar voice made Laura sat up abruptly, and she regretted it the minute she did because she felt like all her blood rushed to her head and she felt her world spin. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply to settle herself first before opening them up to finally allow herself to be aware of what really was going on.

She then realized that she was at a couch, and it was not her own. She knew the woman who spoke was just at her side but she still took her time to face her. She knew Taylor's voice like the back of her hand. When she finally looked at her, the blonde had that teasing smirk, with her right eyebrow raised, and she was looking at her as if waiting for her to explain something. "Holy fuck."

Taylor chuckled, still not moving from where she was. "Is that how people greet each other in the morning now? Well then, holy fuck to you, too." She started walking towards her kitchen. "Come on, breakfast's ready. I've been waiting for you to wake up for half an hour, I'm starving."

"Wait!"

Taylor stopped and looked back at her. "What?"

"Wh-what am I doing here?"

"You don't remember??" Taylor walked back to where she stood a while ago again. Laura opened her mouth to say something but immediately shut it and just looked at her. "You called me last night and told me you were at my door. You told me you wanted to tell me something. So I went to see you. And you were drunk." Taylor again chuckled at the thought last night. She still couldn't believe Laura had fallen asleep while they were talking.