Chapter 5 ~ Temporary Home

Start from the beginning

"What she said," Ron added.

"Same," Harry and I said at the same time.

When the waitress left, we began talking again.

"So where do we go from here? Leaky Cauldron?" Ron suggested.

Hermione shook her head. "It's too dangerous. If Voldemort has taken over the Ministry, then none of the old places are safe. Everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding."

I groaned, realizing that I had left everything back at the Burrow. "Shit," I mumbled.

"What is it, Max?" Harry asked.

"Our stuff, Harry. We left all of it at the Burrow," I told him.

He groaned as well. "It had everything that we needed in order to find the Horcruxes."

Hermione gave us a look and then shook her head. A couple of guys came into the café, but we ignored them. She looked down at her bag.

"You're joking," Harry said, looking down at the bag.

"I've had most of the essentials packed for days, just in case. That's why I came into your room earlier today. I came to get the rest of your stuff in case something like this happened."

As Ron was telling Hermione something, the two guys that came in were pulling something from their pockets.

"Harry, those are wands," I whispered to him. "They're--"

"Get down!" Harry shouted at us as the two Death Eaters whipped around and shot spells at us.

All four of us quickly dove to the ground. Hermione and I were on one side of the café while Harry and Ron were on the other side.

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled at one of them.

"Expulso!" one of them shouted, aiming towards me. I quickly ducked behind the table, barely missing the spell.

The Death Eaters hid behind the counter. Ron shot a spell at one of them, causing the shelf above the Death Eater to fall on him. The other one threw a spell towards Hermione, but she dodged the spell and sent a spell his way.

"Petrificus Totalus!" she yelled, pointing her wand towards him. She hit him and we watched as he fell backwards. The waitress came back and found everything a mess. "Go! Leave!" Hermione demanded. She did as she was told and ran out through the back door.

"Lock the door, get the lights," Harry said.

Ron got all the lights with his Deluminator and I locked the door and pulled the curtains down. We went over to the two men to see who they were.

"This one's name is Rowle," Harry announced, pointing at the older one. "He was on the Astronomy Tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."

"I don't remember him being there," I said.

"Well, he was," he replied.

"This is Dolohov," Ron said about the other Death Eater. "I recognize him from the wanted posters. So what are we going to do with you, hey? Kill us if it was turned around, wouldn't you?"

"If we kill them, they'll know we were here," I pointed out.

"Ron..." Hermione said softly.

He turned around and looked at Hermione. "Suppose he did Mad-Eye. How would you feel then?"

"It's better if we just wipe their memories," Harry said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

Hermione went up to Dolohov and pointed her wand at him. "Obliviate."