groceries

kaitlyn's pov

i'd be lying to you if i said that i haven't been avoiding jaden ever since he and mads kissed. i don't want to ask. i don't want to know. i don't even want to mention her name ever again.

why were they kissing? she cheated and he made it super clear that he hates her and wants absolutely nothing to do with her.

if i could unsee what i saw then i would. anything to forget that sight. it keeps replaying in my head over and over again. jaden ain't even mine and i still feel like he belongs to me.

i'm downstairs fixing myself up a bagel and cream cheese when anthony runs in telling us about a hurricane that's about to strike.

"guys! category four hurricane coming in." anthony points to his phone aggressively.

"and what exactly do you want us to do with that information?" bryce raises an eyebrow at him.

"we need food in the house and we need to prepare ourselves!" he makes his voice crack.

"okay, then go to the store. i don't know what the fuck to tell you." bryce meanly tells him.

"can someone drive me?" anthony whines.

"i can!" i sweetly volunteer as tribute.

"anybody else coming?" anthony looks around the room.

"i'll come." jaden says coming down the stairs with his hoodie half way on.

"i'm driving." i say leaving no room for an argument from either of them.

at the grocery store, anthony fills the cart up with the most unnecessary of items. the boy buys seven packs of batteries. what's the purpose?

he even buys three boxes of animal crackers as if it's the end of the word and they're discontinuing animal crackers for good.

"do we have everything?" i raise my eyebrow at anthony.

"no, i forgot to get another first aid kit!" he freaks out like a child.

"why do we need first aid kits? it's a hurricane, ant, not a fucking tornado." jaden interjects. 

"but we need to prepare." he pouts.

"prepare my ass. we'll be alright." jaden pats him on the shoulder.

"i still need more green beans!" anthony says rushing away from jaden and i.

"hi." jaden greets softly.

"hi- hi me?" i look around to make sure that he isn't talking to anybody else.

"umm yes you. who else would i be talking to?" he gives me the 'alright, you're fucking weird' look.

"oh i don't know. you just seem to have a habit of ignoring me." i state awfully pleased with myself.

"lies." he rejects my statement.

"aha, i see." i nod at him as anthony returns with his arms full of cans of green beans.

"i'm back! there's a sale so i got ten cans!" he childishly screeches.

"i need to remind myself to never go shopping with anthony ever again. old women keep looking over here. i'm starting to feel uncomfortable." i nervously glance around as if i've just stolen a bunch of shit.

"tell me about it. if i get one more dirty look from one of these karen's then i will probably have to put one of them in a hospital a little bit sooner." jaden jokes.

"uh oh granny down." i go along with it.

"you guys are bullying me. be a buddy not a bully." ant fake sobs.