birthday bombed

kaitlyn's pov

today is finally my birthday. griffin's invited a few people over like dixie, avani, addison, charli, chase, nessa, and a few other random people that i don't know.

i didn't want a large party so griffin only invited over close friends of him and i.

i decided to have chick fil a cater for the mini party and have sprinkles cupcakes deliver cupcakes and a cake for dessert.

kio got out the corn hole set while josh and bryce brought out the basketball hoop.

jaden's in charge of the music so he got out his old dj equipment that his parents bought him a few years back ago.

griffin and anthony are in the middle of bothering jaden while he sets up his equipment. i, however, am blowing up balloons with bri and paisley.

griffin bought balloons from party city and made us tape balloons all over the outside of our house. paisley's in charge of putting helium inside the foil balloons with the helium machine while i attach strings to them and bri is in charge of blowing up the rubber balloons with her mouth.

the house is decorated in pastel blues, yellows, pinks, and purples. it looks really aesthetic and cute.

once everyone arrives, we all take on different activities. some of us soaking in the pool while others play corn hole and basketball.

the guys have separated into two teams. jaden, griffin, anthony, tayler, and kio on one team while bryce, josh, chase, cody, and ryland on the other.

bri went to hang with dixie and addison by the pool while paisley, avani, charli, and nessa stuck by me to play corn hole while we watch the guys compete in basketball.

their game gets so intense to the point where we stop our corn hole game and intensely watch their match.

nessa records josh and obsesses over how cute he looks while playing.

"come on, anthony! don't be a pussy. push a bitch if you have to." avani shouts at her boyfriend.

"nice shot, tayler!" paisley compliments tay.

"next shot wins." bryce says out of breath.

"come on!" charli jumps up and down nervously.

whenever they play, it's intense.

it got so intense to the point where everyone who was hanging by the pool came over to watch.

jaden ends up throwing the winning shot.

we all rush up to him and jump around him in celebration. after all, jaden did play basketball in high school.

i hug jaden after everybody is done congratulating him.

i look at cody who's staring jealously at him and i.

i ignore him since he decided to bring candace for some unknown reason.

after we eat pizza and sing 'happy birthday', we all sit inside the basement. everyone who doesn't drive plays drinking games since griffin and bryce are 21.

"let's play dirty truth or dare!" a drunk bryce shouts.

"oh boy." paisley responds chuckling.

"guys, get in a circle." addison responds.

"who's first?" josh questions.