Chapter 4

YUGI!!!! (God, i'm so tired!!!!!!!!)

I ran into the cafeteria where detention was and held back tears. Should I tell him? No, I-I can't. It would only hurt him and myself. But why do I feel broken not telling him? 

I sigh as I head over to the single table in the room and sit down, putting my head down on the desk and moving my arms so that my face is hidden.

"Yugi," I hear the voice of my soulmate say and I wince. "Yugi, what's wrong? You've been acting strange all day!"

"Yami, there's something I need to tell you," I whisper softly, staring at the buttons of my jacket. Yami grabs my chin and forces me to look at him. 'Please tell me,' he mouths. I let out a sigh but shake my head.

"You'll hate me," I whisper, feeling a sudden tense take over. 

"No I won't. You're my best friend, nothing you can do can stop that," Yami says smiling at me and I let out another sigh before I look him in the eyes.

"You're my soulmate. There. Now you probably hate me," I mutter miserably. Yami looks shocked.

"But how," he mutters before he smiles down at me.

Yami POV

What is happening? Yugi's my soulmate, but I thought King of Games was... Know what, whatever. If Yugi says I'm his soulmate, I'll be his soulmate. I smile down at my so called soulmate.

"And I'm yours and like I said, there is no possible way I can ever hate you," I whisper seductively. Yugi looks embarrased.

"Yami? What? I-I thought you liked Tea," he stammers. I smile down at him, a smile playing on my lips.

"I never have and I never will," I whisper coming closer to him and sitting down besides him on the table. Yugi backs away from me but almost falls off the table so I grab him. We stare into each others eyes for a moment before he looks away.

"W-Why didn't you tell me then? Today's your birthday too so why didn't you tell me," he asks, staring up at me with his beautiful amethyst eyes.

"Because I-I was scared," I stammer, coming up with a lame, but believable excuse. Yugi gives me a confused look but lets out a sigh.

"Well this just got really awkward," he mutters, staring down at his sneakers. 

"Want to hang out after detention," I ask, trying to seem as innocent as possible. Yugi looks at me for a moment and shakes his head. Hm?

"I-I have to do something until five but then I'm free," he says. 

"AND YOU DO TOO, IDIOT!" I hear Bakura and Marik yell. Oh yeah, patrol with King of Games, well that's going to be great fun. Bakura and Marik possess me when I turn into Pharaoh Atem so when I'm Atem, I'm always flirting with King of Games. God, what am I going to do?

Time Skip

Yugi POV

It was awkward once detention started and we did the work Mr. Nemo left for us to do. I finished pretty quickly and left, still feeling awkward around Yami's strange actions towards me.

"Are you okay," I hear the kind voices of Ryou and Malik ask. I smile at them and nod my head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't know what I'm going to do about Atem," I whisper, feeling strange feelings bubbling inside.

Thank you for reading and eeeeeeeee I managed to do two chapters in one night!!!!!!!! It is currently 12:57 am but I don't give a crap (god I am not even tired...)

Also I've decided to make a one shot book so expect that soon!