Chapter 181: Tasty

Start from the beginning

A finger dropped to her chin and he gently caressed the spot tenderly. He nudged her closer and was careful to not squash the twins before lowering his head to kiss her nose.

"I was buying more paint downtown," He finally answers, playing with her hair as he did, "Working on a new canvas lately."

"May I see it then?" Elsa pleaded, batting her eyelashes endearingly and leaning in.

"Mmh, no can do for now, pretty eyes," Aiden gulped, having a hard time to back away from that tempting face, "It's a surprise."

"Is there even something my husband is not good at?" Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly.

"Well, my queen, there are lots of things I'm horrible at too," Aiden responded with a saucy wink, "Perhaps resisting the urges to kiss you, hold you close, sing you a love song, write poems about you..."

"You adore me too much, lover."

"Never too much and I will never stop," Aiden happily pecks her cheek, "Now, why I'll be back before you know it—I just wanna bake those cookies now that most of the staff are on holiday. I promise I won't light the royal kitchen on fire. Pretty pwease. I want to eat some before I head to the training grounds."

"Lover," Elsa gave a motherly frown, "It's snowing and I don't want you catching a chill. You have more than enough muscles."

Aiden smirked. "And how did you know that fact that I do like you claim?"

Elsa's face immediately flushed. "Er-well, we-"

"Just messing with you, lovely," Aiden snickers and looped an arm around her shoulder, "Let's go and I'll make some goodies for us. I'm seriously hungry right now."

"THERE YOU ARE YOU STINKERS!" Anna rambunctiously yelled with annoyance gracing her freckled features, and the couple snapped out of their reveries with the stomping ginger's outcry, "You're missing out on my share of the Lefse!"

"Anna you merciless creature," Elsa gasps, "Why didn't you tell your sister you nearly lit the whole entire kingdom on fire sooner?"

"For your information, Els, I have improved my cooking skills after the incident last year!" Anna defensively huffed.

"Anna, the pantry, and now the kitchen? Why, what a troublesome trio," Aiden mocked a gasp, "The only thing missing for me to find out my wife ACTUALLY cooks! Although at least she can extinguish the future flames pretty quickly."

"Oh, you'd be surprised..." Anna mischievously began.

"Really?!"

"Anna, you cannot," Elsa sharply glared at the smug princess.

"Elsa makes the best Fårikål!" Anna grins from ear to ear, "Did you know that Gerda, Chef Leonardo and Guinette literally beg for Elsa to make it everytime the dish is to be served? I felt like I was tasting heaven!"

"Then it's absolutely settled," Aiden smiled, "Gather everyone to the dining hall, Anna. I think it's okay for us to have an earlier dinner than usual."

"That's the idea!" Anna squealed excitedly, her motions slightly slower with the baby bump, "Nobody shall miss out on this!"

"Looks like I'm dropping my children to their nursery with Nora," Elsa groans.

"Oh, don't be so grumpy, cutie," Aiden played with his wife's cheeks, "I bet you'd look like a goddess in an apron. You make everything look good."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"What the hell did you put in this?!" Aiden loudly screams in disbelief, "My taste buds are so blessed!"

"Amen, brother," Anna chimes in, her dinner plate clean, "She is the chosen one."

"It's simply the flavor!" Helena 'mmhed' "This is utterly perfection."

"You're all exaggerating," Elsa shyly turned away, "Biased, maybe."

"Says the human being who is fluent in more than ten languages," Agnarr and Iduna as a matter of fact-ly pointed out.

"No we're not, we are only stating facts," Aiden defends, "Give yourself some credit, snowflake. I'm serious, your cooking's amazing. If I was the one cooking then I would have cursed you with food poisoning. I prefer baking honestly."

"That's a little over the top," Elsa giggled, "I'm sure you're better."

"I cannot make something so delicious and appetizing, I'm telling you," Aiden huffed and smirked before dropping his voice to a low whisper, "But you know what's a thousand times more delicious than this dish?"

"What?" Elsa smiled.

"The chef herself."

And from that moment on, the rest of the royal family had to witness how the Snow Queen chased the Fire King around the castle grounds with a snowball in hand.

To be continued
on the next chapter...