𝗢𝗣𝗧. 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

            This is not the REAL ending. I repeat, this is not the REAL ending of this story. This is just an optional one. YOU CAN EITHER SKIP THIS PART OR CONTINUE READING BELOW. I hope you don't get confused. Thank you.

❝ OPTIONAL ENDING ❞

OPTIONAL ENDING 

"I'm already here at the cafeteria."

I said casually before drinking my coffee, looking around without putting my sunglasses down. For Pete's sake, my best friend is so late! We agreed to meet up because finally, I got a day off from my job and I can spend a free day outside the mansion.

My married life with Illumi isn't the one I expected. We always bicker with each other, almost throwing knives. He wants me to quit being an assassin and just let him handle all the jobs and I can't just do that! He wants to me get stuck inside the house, cook meals for him, wait for him to come home since God-knows-when and more.

I thought I'm getting pregnant earlier but I see, he has no time for that yet. That's what he keeps on saying. Of course, I'm always opposing his ideas that's why we always end up arguing. He wants to control my life and I don't want that.

"You reap what you sow, Y/N-chan..." Oh, brother, your words are always ringing inside my head and as much as I hated to admit it, he's right.

"I told you I'm on my way!"

"To the bathroom! I know you, idiot!"

She chuckled on the other line. "If you don't end this call, it'll take me more time. I should be scrubbing my body now, you know?"

"You're so timeless as ever."

"I'm still your best friend and you love me."

"I can't understand a thing you're saying. Just go and hurry!"

Then I cut the line. I sighed before looking at my surroundings, finally, peaceful. This cafeteria here in York New is a little bit hidden from a huge crowd that's why it's so easy for me to like its ambiance. It's quiet and the only thing you can smell is the aroma of their coffee, which really tastes best.

Wait, I haven't got my waffle yet.

"Here're your waffles, Ma'am..."

Just right on cue. "Thanks-"

I looked up, only to see a man, wearing his butler-like uniform, making my jaw drop. My body started shaking, my sight getting blurry because of tears forming on it.

Until you met me, drinks in New York city
Ooh, you looked so pretty.

Why are you here? What are you doing here?

I put my sunglasses down to see a clearer view. The man I wished to see after a year, is finally in front of me. No more dangerous aura around him, it feels like he's a whole different person. My heart is beating so fast and I can't find the right words to say. We're just here, staring at each other.

"W-What are you..." I am goddamn stuttering.

"How are you?"

He smiled before sitting in front of me, setting the tray he's holding before looking intently at my eyes. I want to say I miss him so much, I want to say how much I love him, how badly I wanted to kiss him right now.

Oh, I'll spend my whole life

Missing a part of me, part of me.

"I already let someone borrow you from me for a year. I think it's time to get what's really mine back."

Jesus Christ, I'm wrong. He's still the same old leader of the Phantom Troupe.

"Chrollo..." I almost whispered.

"Just this time, I want you to trust me, Y/N."

He fucking mentioned my name again! It made my heart skip a beat, holy watermelon!

He smirked before grabbing my hand before he stormed out of the cafeteria. I am still lost for words and I heard someone called for Chrollo's name but he didn't mind looking back. I think it's the manager.

We stopped at an alley before he wiped the tears off my face, he's planning something again.

"Want to run away?"

Run...away? Just like from my dream but with a different plot and setting. I mentally laughed, tightening the grip on his arm. Jeez, I just can't let this chance slip away from my hands again. I knew that it's fate working for us to meet again and I can't disappoint myself anymore.

I had enough.

I smirked. "Who am I to decline?"

"Where the hell is Y/N-chan?!"

Oops, my best friend...

END