𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

"I'll be sleeping on the couch."

I stated as I slumped on Illumi's soft cushion, facing his bed. The three of us spent the whole day on the mall, playing arcades, visiting bookshops, and buying stuff from different food stalls. I can't believe that this emotionless, killing machine Illumi will be so good at basketball, no joke. I, on the other hand, show my skills on Tekken and Alluka enjoyed herself on the carousel.

"No, you'll take my bed. The couch's mine."

Since I grew too tired to argue, I just obeyed Illumi before laying on his bed. I checked the time, 10:45 in the evening, two hours or less, Chrollo's coming. Even the thought of it made my heart race.

"Sweetie." Kikyo knocked on the door, revealing half of her body. She has something on her hands so I entertained her.

"Good evening, Kikyo."

"I brought you a nightgown, suit yourself."

I smiled at the concern, taking the cloth from her. "Thank you, have a nice sleep."

"You too, dear. Enjoy your slumber."

Then she closed the door. The sudden change in Kikyo's mood is so obvious, I mean, when I'm just new to everybody, she'll throw stuff at me, look at me with a deadly stare, and more but now, she even bought me a new nightgown. This family is sometimes...unpredictable.

I waited for Illumi to finish his bath before borrowing his comfort room but when he got out of the shower, dripping wet and topless I tried my best not to blush and just cage myself inside the cubicle. I took off my clothes before pampering myself with the cold water being released by the shower. It calms my nerves and everything.

"You done?" Illumi asked while I'm trying my nightgown in front of the mirror.

"Yup. Thank you."

"Good," he sat on his couch before looking at me in the eyes which actually creep me out and then he handed me my phone.

"Why're you holding this?" I asked out of curiosity, letting droplets from my hair fall on the towel.