"Stop talking Ana. I'm tired of you trying to kick me out of this relationship and to another. How many times do I have to tell you that I love you, I choose you and only you? How many times Ana? If we can't have babies then so what? We can adopt, we have Zoe and Brandon, they're our babies, right?" He looks me dead in the eye and I just nod.

I can't ignore how bloodshot his own eyes are.

"I love you, okay? Baby or no baby, I love you." He kisses my cheeks.

"I love you too." I bury my face in his chest and his arms wrap around me.

"Yep. You're the love of my life. What's that word you always say?" He asks.

"What word?"

"That word when you wanna say case closed or something, even Zoe says it. Something like peanut, I don't know." He shrugs.

"You mean period?" I laugh.

"Yes. Not my fault Zoe says peanut." He also laughs. "You're the love of my life and that's on period." He says making me break out in a fit of giggles.

"You're also the love of my life and that's on period." I laugh.

°°°

I open my eyes and see that I'm still in the normal setting that I've been in for the past almost three months.

I don't feel any different though. Even though I'm just waking up from my bone marrow transplant.

I look around and see that this isn't my normal ward and it's actually another ward.

My throat feels funny almost as if I have tonsillitis.

The door opening catches my attention and Lani comes in.

"Hey sister in law." She whisper yells.

"H-" I quickly stop talking as I gag.

"Woah." She quickly picks up the tiny bin and brings it to me, I started spewing out my guts as soon as that bin was in front of me.

"You okay?" She asks when I finish.

"Mmh." I nod.

"Sheesh. I didn't know that your side effects would start this early." She says.

"This is a side effect?" I slowly ask, my throat and mouth too side.

"Yep. Sore throats and mouths are the side effects that I'm aware of. So if you getting any other side effects then speak up." She says.

"Hmm." I nod.

"I don't think I told you this yet, but the operation was successful. You stay here for your follow-up checkups and tests but we'll be taking Bwandon home." She smirks.

"I'm going to tell them that you're awake. And you need to eat." She hollers then leaves the room.

I stay in my bed, feeling way too tired to get off. I wonder why I don't feel any different though, what if the surgery doesn't successfully clear my blood and I get leukemia again.

The door bursts open and Zoe's racing through the door, a smile etches on my face as Quillon rushes in behind her trying to keep her quiet.