Chapter 20

Orianna's POV

I eye my head as I stand in front of my bathroom's mirror.

I knew that this day was gonna come but I was trying to avoid it even though I knew that it's unavoidable.

There's a knock on the door and I tear my eyes away from my reflection.

"Babe, you okay?" I hear Quillon's voice.

"Mmh." I hum and wipe away my tears.

"Open the door for me please, love." He continuously knocks on the door.

"I just need a minute please."

"Open the door Ana." He says, leaving no room for arguments.

I move towards the door and unlock it before moving back to the mirror.

I hear him lock the door.

"Are you okay baby?" He turns to look at me and I see his eyes widen.

My eyes water again and he quickly approaches me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Don't cry baby." He holds my frail body against his.

Almost four weeks into chemo and a chunk of my hair fell off today.

I've lost so much weight already and I've been spending lots of time in the toilet with an upset stomach. I really hate all these chemo side effects.

I mean why can't the after effects be just as painless as the procedure?

"I look ugly." I cry out. The way my hair fell off naked me look like I'm balding, because not all my hair has off yet.

"We should cut it." I sniffle.

"You wanna cut everything?" Quillon asks.

"It's not like there's much left." I wipe my tears and try my best to stop crying.

"Okay. I'll see if Elijah can bring me an electric razor and also bring the hair that Lani had bought you." H says before pulling out his phone.

"Lani bought me a weave?" I unsurely ask.

"She bought you hair that looks exactly like yours. It's wavy and frizzy just like your beautiful hair." He says in awe.

I smile and shake my head at him.

He calls Elijah and Elijah shows up after a while.

Thank God Zoe isn't here today. She's at home with Meredith, Quillon said she has to study since she's home. He has her starting off with Meredith then he'll get her a tutor.

I won't even argue with him because it's for her good.

°°°

"Do I look ugly?" I ask Quillon as he finishes shaving off my hair.

I look at him from the mirror with my bald head.

I look very sick and my self esteem ain't the highest right now.

"You still look beautiful my love." Quillon puts down the razor before hugging me from behind and kissing my cheek.

"You know if you feel bad about all this then I can also shave off my hair and we can twin when the kids aren't here." He peppers kisses on the side of my face making me giggle.

"No. I don't want you to go through such just because of me." I shake my head.

"I won't be going through anything baby, it's just hair, it grows back. I can shave my hair and we can both start afresh, maybe even have a race and see who's hair will grow faster." He winks at me.