Chapter Seven

Percy rushed off to go find Thalia and Annabeth, keeping in eye out for Nico. Nico, Nico, Nico... it felt good to say his real name. Finally, Percy found the other two demigods standing behind the Athena cabin looking worried and whispering to each other. When they saw Percy grinning at them though, they grinned too. "Percy? Are you... you?" Annabeth said tentatively.

Percy nodded quickly, then grabbed onto the two girls, dragging them into a small one person bathroom and locking the door behind him. "Ew, Percy! What the Hades?" Thalia said.

"Sorry, I just need some privacy to tell you guys what happened," Percy said.

"Good, because a lot of stuff needs explaining," Annabeth said, crossing her arms, "Like why are our eyes pink?"

"I'll explain that too," Percy said. He took a deep breath, then quickly told them everything Aphrodite had told him.

"So you're saying we have to go to the underworld? Where Nico is strongest? His dad's kingdom?" Thalia raised her eyebrow.

"That's where the Fates are," Percy said, nodding.

Annabeth and Thalia seemed deep in thought, when Annabeth's eyes suddenly widened. "Seaweed Brain?"

"Yes, Wise Girl?" Percy said.

"I'm flattered you chose me to go on the quest and all, but why would you choose Thalia and I? The only two other people that were charmed by Aphrodite?" Annabeth said.

Percy's groaned and slapped himself. "I'm so dumb," He said.

"Oh yeah,"

"You're just realizing this now?"

Percy shot his two friends a glare, then continued. "Then let's just hope we don't run into Nico and he doesn't say our names. At least we're not under the scarf's spell anymore... right?"

"Whatever. You suck, but whatever," Thalia said, "So when should we go?"

"Now," Percy said. The three opened the door to the bathroom and stepped out to see... guess who... Nico. Quickly, they made their faces into blank expressions and tried to stare at Nico with as much love as they could muster. It wasn't easy.

"Uh... toys? What were you doing in the bathroom? Meant for one person...?" Nico said.

"We had to go to the bathroom, Master," Percy said quickly.

"Together?" Nico raised his eyebrow.

"It saves time, Master," Percy said. It saves time? Percy mentally slapped himself.

"Okay then," Nico frowned. "I think this scarf is really turning their brains to mush," Nico mumbled. He looked up. "I'm going to be going now..."

"Yes, Master," Percy said. As soon as Nico had disappeared, Thalia slapped Percy across the face. "Ow! What was that for?"

"We were going to the bathroom together? Because it saves time? What were you thinking, Kelp Head?!" Thalia snapped.

"Well he bought it," Percy said, crossing his arms, "Let's just go before this gets any weirder."

"Okay, but we should pack essentials first. Like clothes and food," Annabeth said.

"Good idea," Thalia pointed at Annabeth.

"Daughter of Athena," Annabeth said, lightly knocking on her head. "Meet back here in ten minutes with bags packed. And try to be inconspicuous."

Percy nodded. He turned around, his eyes darting around, then fell to the ground, doing two summersaults, sprang up, then did three cartwheels over to a picnic table, ducking under it and looking around. "Way to be inconspicuous, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth snorted. Thalia just rolled her eyes, then walked off in the other direction.

Ten minutes later, the demigods were there again, backpacks packed with living essentials for the road, and ready to go. They walked over to a the Camp Half-Blood border on Half-Blood Hill. It would be the first time they left camp in a year.

"Ready?" Percy took a deep breath.

"Ready," Thalia and Annabeth said confidently together. They looked at each other, quickly prepared themselves mentally, then stepped over the border.

Okay, really short chapter, I know. I'll be posting again soon. But I hope you liked the chapter! Also, shoutout to BoopTheSnoop_ for bringing to my attention, "why would Percy pick the other two charmed people?" The answer to that question is... I'm a dumb author. But I made sure to bring that up in this chapter, so thank you!