1

Leigh stood in her bathroom. She looked at her phone ringing and sighed. She declined the call and picked up the test.

Leigh turned it over and felt a tear slip down her cheeks. She wiped them away. The test was positive. Leigh was pregnant and the father of her baby had been accused of abuse.

Leigh knew it was nothing but a mess. She walked through to her bedroom and sighed. She picked up her phone and text the one person she needed with her. Max Tyler.

I need to see you. Please. I don't care what anyone has said - Leigh x

She sent the text and fell back onto her bed. She hoped that Max would agree to see her.

After around fifteen minutes, she got a reply;

I'm outside - Max

Leigh jumped off the bed and sighed. She opened the door and saw Max with a bleeding nose. "What the hell happened to you?" She asked.

"Christopher Mead. The man who has wanted you for so long," Max said.

Leigh sighed. She could tell he was drunk. She looked at him. "Get in my bed. Get some sleep and then we'll talk," she said.

"Fancy joining me?"

Leigh rolled her eyes and sighed. "Go and get some sleep."

****

Max eventually woke up. He left the bedroom and saw Leigh sitting on the sofa. She smiled. "Feeling better?" She asked.

Max nodded. He sat down with Leigh and sighed. "What did you want to talk about?" Max asked.

Leigh took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant. It's your baby. I don't want to do this alone," she said she looked at him.

Max was shocked. He looked at her. "Are you sure?" He asked.

Leigh handed him the pregnancy test. He saw it there. Clear as day;

Pregnant
3+

Max looked at her. "Is it definitely mine?" He asked. He couldn't believe it. Leigh was pregnant.

Max knew that the two of them hadn't been careful with protection. But he was stupid to think he couldn't have gotten her pregnant.

Leigh nodded. "Yep. Definitely yours. I haven't been with anyone else since you and I started what we had," she told him.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

Leigh shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. I really don't. My head is a mess. It's all complicated and everyone hates you because of what you did to Philip and yet here I am, still hooked on you," she said.

Max sighed. "I can't stay in Rochdale. Not after this. You could come with me. I'm appealing to have the charges dropped. Philip slipped. But I'm looking to move to London."

Leigh nodded and sighed. "You can't leave me. And I can't leave Rochdale. I need my mum around. Especially while I'm pregnant," she said.

Max rolled his eyes. "Do you really think your mother is going to let me stick around? Do you realise that she is currently in bed with Chris Mead? I saw them. Kissing in the back of the taxi."

Leigh blinked a couple of times. She looked at him. "That's just gross. He's young enough to be her son. God that's disgusting."

Max smirked and nodded. But with Leigh still being hooked on him, could she keep how she felt about Max still?