5

Leigh stood in her kitchen as Max walked in. He looked to Leigh and smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked as she looked to him and smiled.

Leigh knew that her head was a mess and she hated it. "I'm tired. And I am sick of the secrets and lies. I hate it," Leigh said as Max turned to her to face him and smiled.

He placed a hand on her cheek. He smiled as he leant in and kissed her. "I know how much of a mess it is. But it is going to be okay. I am going to talk to Mia. She is my sister. And as much as I hate her relationship with Tom, he makes her happy. I have to find a way to accept that. Besides, I need to focus on you and the baby. I know that you are worried. I know that you are worried about your mum finding out the truth. But we can't hide it forever. You're starting to show. She will have questions. And you know we can't hide it."

Leigh knew that it was hard. She knew that Max was right. And as much as she wished that she could, she couldn't hide forever.

Leigh knew that she had to face the truth.

****

Leigh got to work. She smiled as she saw Mia. "Are you okay?" Mia asked.

Leigh nodded and sighed. "I am. I just hate how I have to keep it all a secret. It's not fair. I am pregnant. I feel like I have to hide this. I feel like I am doing something wrong."

Mia placed a hand on top of hers. She smiled. "I know that things are a mess. But I am here for you. I am your best friend. The sooner you admit to your mum about you and Max, the easier it will be," she told her.

Leigh looked to her and smiled. Leigh knew that she was right.  "Have you spoken to Max?"

Mia frowned. "No. Why?"

Leigh smiled. "He knows that there is issues with you both. He wants to sort it and put it right. He's your brother and he loves you. He wants to be there for you. No matter what," she said

Mia sighed. "He needs to sort out his issues with Tom to do that. I won't be forced to choose between them. It's too much," she told her.

Leigh nodded. "I understand that. It will be okay though," Leigh said as Mia smiled. Leigh knew none of it was easy.

****

Leigh sat in her classroom. She looked up as Rachel walked in and looked to her. "Is everything okay?"

Rachel sighed. "I need to ask you something. I want the truth. Are you, or are you not. seeing Max Tyler?" Rachel asked as Leigh sighed.

She knew it was complicated. She knew this wasn't how she wanted the truth to come out. "I am."

Rachel looked to her. "And are you also pregnant?"

Leigh nodded. She knew how messy it was and she hated it. But would this ruin her relationship with her mother?